The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by uer23
But he hasn't lol

I have actually asked a question like this to Muslims and they said yes, please explain to me if that makes them a true Muslim?
Original post by The two eds
I have actually asked a question like this to Muslims and they said yes, please explain to me if that makes them a true Muslim?

Well first of all it is a pretty loaded question, you are asking me on the supposition if God had asked me to do it. Like I have said, he doesn't demand anything like that from me, so I don't know why I should even answer it. Simply put a muslim is someone who submits to the will of God, but you seem to have got the concept wrong. No Imam or scholar can come now and add anything, and say it's on behalf of God since the revelation was complete in the lifetime of the Prophet.
Original post by DarkMystryXxX
Salaam,

How are you guys?
How's Ramadan for you?

Inn sha Allah you guys are doing well :smile:

Original post by Trust ED
Salam my fellow muslim brothers and sisters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa'alaykumasalaam you two, hope your Ramadan is going well :smile:

Original post by Inzamam99
Salaam bro hope your fasts are going well :smile:

Well I havent given opinions on these politics for a long time. It is something I have grown out of. I know of it but if you begin discussing and debating, it only ends with arguments.

But as you asked. Musharraf, like the other military generals who have ruled Pakistan, had positive impact in the short term but v negative in the long term. Overall I view him negatively.

His involvement in America's war has resulted in the war becoming Pakistan's with massive casualties, a disillusioned tribal people, economic damage etc. The NRO has destroyed the political fabric which he initially repaired to an extent. He has alienated the Baloch...

I'd rather we keep this thread centred on Islam but please PM me if you want :smile:

Wa'alaykumasalaam they are alhamdullilah, wbu man?

Thanks for the view. Don't worry I don't want to debate ya :teehee: but in future I shall pm you about this :smile:
Original post by uer23
Well first of all it is a pretty loaded question, you are asking me on the supposition if God had asked me to do it. Like I have said, he doesn't demand anything like that from me, so I don't know why I should even answer it. Simply put a muslim is someone who submits to the will of God, but you seem to have got the concept wrong. No Imam or scholar can come now and add anything, and say it's on behalf of God since the revelation was complete in the lifetime of the Prophet.

But my point is, followers of Islam will answer to Allahs commands if they believe it is the word of Allah. For example if they believe shooting 30 people is the will of God, if they deep down believe it is the will of Allah, they will commit these atrocities. Why they believe it, I do not know. But surely that is a valid reason for significant proportions of society fearing Islam. It takes only a few nut cases to believe they are serving allah's commands. The ideology surrounding Islam is very different from other ideologies. They offer a moral compass and path for individuals to choose. Islam is too engaging and sets you on this 6th century path to paradise, something that can get to many people's heads. Conservative Islamists are a danger as a result and people around the world have every right to be concerned or worried.
Original post by uer23
Yes, it was Umar (ra) and Abu Jahl :smile:

Your question..

Ah. You can ask another if you want ( I technically guessed Abu Lahab) :tongue:
But my point is, followers of Islam will answer to Allahs commands if they believe it is the word of Allah. For example if they believe shooting 30 people is the will of God, if they deep down believe it is the will of Allah, they will commit these atrocities. Why they believe it, I do not know. But surely that is a valid reason for significant proportions of society fearing Islam. It takes only a few nut cases to believe they are serving allah's commands. The ideology surrounding Islam is very different from other ideologies. They offer a moral compass and path for individuals to choose. Islam is too engaging and sets you on this 6th century path to paradise, something that can get to many people's heads. Conservative Islamists are a danger as a result and people around the world have every right to be concerned or worried.

Awesome. Thanks for your view. Now go make a thread and take this elsewhere. :yy:
Original post by saeed97
Well this is the last page of this isoc thread, its been a great pleasure being here with some of you. Goodbye people :smile:

Goes upto page 500 :biggrin:
Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

[video="youtube;ala4p4V5NVg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ala4p4V5NVg[/video]
Original post by IdeasForLife
Goes upto page 500 :biggrin:

Well this is embarassing....
If an imam told you Allah required you to kill a small innocent baby, would you do it?

I'd uppercut that imam and inform law enforcement
Original post by redleader1
Why do so many people claim Islam is violent and is failing ? When it is just a minority who commit terrorist acts. I mean the majority of us are peaceful ? Take the Islam bashing threads for example it annoys me as im sure it annoys a lot of you guys they claim for bad our religion is which is actually offensive and if we speak out against them like tell them to get lost and not be peaceful there like 'oh thats islam' as we have spoken out against them. Yet in our relgion and they way ive been brought up you should respect others.

However speaking out against someone harshly is just out of anger then people use this label this and say oh this is what muslims are like. Fair enough we need to control ourselfes more however there's only so much you can take.

Is it a sign of the day of judgement that more people will leave islam and begin to attack the religion by saying its wrong and evil ?

This should help http://islamqa.info/en/45855 :smile:
Reply 1992
Original post by sf 2k15
What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Psychology

Read this a couple of days ago, so it's a good thing that Islam will become strange?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know why a lot people have more love and motivation for the duniya than the deen ? Fair enough were all not perfect but at times I interact with people who are muslims and they seem so greedy and money hungry it sad they will commit haram through gambling ect. I makes you feel good reading namaz as you think to yourself thank god your not on that path...
What's it with these trolls on ISOC all of a sudden. Yes, everyone had the right to post on here but it seems like it's all hate atm.

Oh well. Like Biriyani said, it's all for a reaction. I'm trying to ignore them for now,

Original post by HAnwar
Read this a couple of days ago, so it's a good thing that Islam will become strange?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Makes sense. I was told that there would be a time where Islam would be "hated" and viewed as negative.
Original post by redleader1
Anyone know why a lot people have more love and motivation for the duniya than the deen ? Fair enough were all not perfect but at times I interact with people who are muslims and they seem so greedy and money hungry it sad they will commit haram through gambling ect. I makes you feel good reading namaz as you think to yourself thank god your not on that path...

There are humans than do that, sadly.

We should pray for the ones that have strayed and continue to commit sin. Allah is forgiving and may Allah guide them to the right path. :redface:
Wa'alaykumasalaam you two, hope your Ramadan is going well :smile:

Wa'alaykumasalaam they are alhamdullilah, wbu man?

Thanks for the view. Don't worry I don't want to debate ya :teehee: but in future I shall pm you about this :smile:

Alhamdulillah.

Haha I never said you did. More that I just generally wouldn't have these arguments particularly as people escalate them and turn them personal :smile:

Will you be sitting itikaf?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NaTaLiiA513
What's it with these trolls on ISOC all of a sudden. Yes, everyone had the right to post on here but it seems like it's all hate atm.

Oh well. Like Biriyani said, it's all for a reaction. I'm trying to ignore them for now,

Makes sense. I was told that there would be a time where Islam would be "hated" and viewed as negative.

The reasoning for it is different though. If you open up the link it gives the explanation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NaTaLiiA513
There are humans than do that, sadly.

We should pray for the ones that have strayed and continue to commit sin. Allah is forgiving and may Allah guide them to the right path. :redface:

But how and why ? The media ? Peer influence ? If they are muslims they know one day they will stand in front of allah.

I suppose no ones perfect the 'minor' sins we consider could turn out to be major signs for us.

Latest

Trending

Trending