The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by why i exist? :/

Do you want islam to be true?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure you know what I'd reply to that and I'm not going to start an argument on the ISOC.
Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: If anyone continually asks pardon, Allah will appoint for him a way out of every distress, and a relief from every anxiety, and will provide for him from where he did not reckon.
[Abu Dawud Book 8, Number 1513]
He who makes up his mind to do a good deed is rewarded by Allah for one full measure of it. If he carries it out, Allah SWT rewards him for 10 to 700 times and even many times more. He who inclines towards an evil deed, but does not carry it out is also rewarded by Allah SWT for one full measure of a good deed; however, if he carries it out, only one evil deed is recorded for him. (Al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I'm pretty sure you know what I'd reply to that and I'm not going to start an argument on the ISOC.

Yeh, twas a rhetorical question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh, twas a rhetorical question

Posted from TSR Mobile

The context in which you asked it made no sense as a rhetorical question...
Original post by SisterXI

Our lord is the most merciful, he loves us more than our own mother, subhan Allah how amazing is that? :love:

Yeh, but he will toss us into the jahannam if we dont prostrate and bow towards him millions of times in our lives

Anyway, i appreciate your sentiments, mother hudayfah. Im sure the isoc is not the place for saying these things so i stop now k
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
The context in which you asked it made no sense as a rhetorical question...

Yeh, but why would you want islam to be true when you're a disbeliever. Obviously, you wouldn't want it to be true, as you will be condemned to eternal damnation in the fiery blackness of jahannam

Therefore, the question didn't need an answer, and can be classed as a rhetorical question :hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh, but he will toss us into the jahannam if we dont prostrate and bow towards him millions of times in our lives

Anyway, i appreciate your sentiments, mother hudayfah. Im sure the isoc is not the place for saying these things so i stop now k
Posted from TSR Mobile

Allah says if you sit on the mount of arafa from zuhr to maghreb (approx 6 hours) all of your sins of your life are wiped off. This Is the definition of mercy. (in hajj)

A complete new slate, it is as if you are born anew.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Asalamualaikum.I'm really happy with the results I got today. I want to thank everyone for the duaa recommendations and for giving me hope. :smile:How is everyone?

I was hoping someone would share what they do.

Thanks anyway, will look at the video shortly.
Original post by SisterXI
very awkward

Oops. :colondollar:
Original post by I Procrastinate
I was hoping someone would share what they do.

Thanks anyway, will look at the video shortly.

In my family, we eat prawn and fish, in terms of seafood.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NaTaLiiA513
Asalamualaikum.I'm really happy with the results I got today. I want to thank everyone for the duaa recommendations and for giving me hope. :smile:How is everyone?

Wasalam, that's great to hear. Good luck with a levels, if you are doing them.

Alhamdulillah I'm good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by s_ahmed2
In my family, we eat prawn and fish, in terms of seafood.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, i already know you are bengali

Where is your baree in bangladesh

Im from mamonfoor, sylhet :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats on your GCSE results peeps :smile:
[video="youtube;LNBjD1_9Am4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNBjD1_9Am4[/video]
To those who have obtained results:

1. To those who have done well, don't propagate your results if you can help it. There are many who have not done well, many who will feel not envious or jealous, but simply upset as to why they too could not achieve such results. Thank Allah swt, and seek further bounties by giving advice, if asked first, from those seeking to do better or wanting to improve their grades.

Perhaps give advice on what you think helped you do well, so it can help others.

2. To those who have not done so well, seek re-takes in english or maths or the sciences if you have not gotten atleast a b grade in them, and your university degree has a minimum requirement.

The good news is you can reflect on your GCSE'S, see where you went wrong, refine your revision techniques, really reflect and if you do well and better in your a/s, you can turn things around, truly.

Remember, a setback is a set up for a come back.
Original post by avfcfan
I was reading about how to repent from lying, and one of the points was to ask for forgiveness from the person you wronged. This has really worried me, as admitting to lying in PS's will lose you your uni place which I worked all year long and hard for. I have realised my mistakes, and I wasn't that religious at the time tbh and lied frequently, so maybe I will be forgiven Insha'Allah.
Thanks for the reply brother/sister, I think I should move on and repent

Hmm, alhamdulilah you have realised what you did wrong :smile:
And its brilliant how you are more religious :smile:

Yes repenting is always best bro/sis (lol)
Original post by GreenArrow
Wa`alaykumu salaam dear sis

I remember you!!
how are you?

Umm, thanks but who were you??
LOL! Joke I was jus messing with you :biggrin:

Alhamdulilah I am doing well. :smile:
And u? I mean how are you doing ukhti?
Original post by MJlover
assalaamu alaikum

how r u man?? :smile:

I am doing fine Maaan (hahaha).:tongue: