The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Olon
Guys, got an exam tomorrow and don't know much. Please please make dua for me. Don't know if a miracle will happen in the next 24 hours but i feel sick to the stomach and if i fail it will be the end of my life. I will fall into deep depression, these exams are making me ill physically and mentally. Please, help me. Make dua for me, just one dua-just raise your hands to the sky and ask god to help me. I need it so much. Please please please. God bless you all.

Assalaamu 'alaykum.

Spoiler

It was narrated that Abu Hurairah said:
"The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'The strong believer is better and more beloved to Allah than the weak believer, although both are good. Strive for that which will benefit you, seek the help of Allah, and do not feel helpless. If anything befalls you, do not say, "if only I had done such and such" rather say "Qaddara Allahu wa ma sha'a fa'ala (Allah has decreed and whatever he wills, He does)." For (saying) 'If' opens (the door) to the deeds of Satan.'"
[Sunan Ibn Majah]

"No amount of guilt can change the past and no amount of worrying can change the future. Go easy on yourself for the outcome of all affairs is determined by Allah's Decree. If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come on your way, but if it is yours by destiny, from you it cannot flee.''
['Umar ibn al-Khattab]

Ali bin Abi Talib رضي الله عنه went to Ash'ath to console him upon the death of one of his sons. He said:
"If you are sad, then you are deserving of mercy, but if you are patient, then Allah gives you something in place of what was lost or destroyed. And know that if you are patient, everything that was described for you and preordained for you will occur and you will be rewarded. If you complain and are hopeless, then likewise all that was destined for you will occur, except that you will be blamed for your impatience at Allah's will."
[Gems and Jewels, Abdul Malik Mujahid]

May Allah ta'ala bless you with success in the dunya and the aakhirah, and may His rahmah and barakah be upon you. May He ease for you your task and put your mind and heart at ease.
Can anyone help me here. When I do wudu I normally ensure that my full beard is wet and pass my hands over it. Is it essential that every single hair is wet? Or is it like the head where you basically do masah.

My beard is very small.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by IdeasForLife
ISIS are Muslims, extremely bad Muslims. They've been caught making takfir on the population of an entire country (Syria), they have killed innocent people, they kill Muslims who go to negotiate peace with them etc. A few of their crimes.

I don't think we should say that. Saying that gives their actions legitimacy of sorts.

There is just far too much proof against them to say we'll never know.

I didn't mean it like that. I wasn't justifying their actions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by HSafirah
Brother, your video leads to me watching this vid called 'Muslims killed dracula' (after I finished your vid) and I was actually searching for some videos about Sultan Muhammad al-Fateh and that video comes in nicely. Jazakallahu khairan.

I've seen that YouTube video before too. I didn't last till the end though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Olon
Guys, got an exam tomorrow and don't know much. Please please make dua for me. Don't know if a miracle will happen in the next 24 hours but i feel sick to the stomach and if i fail it will be the end of my life. I will fall into deep depression, these exams are making me ill physically and mentally. Please, help me. Make dua for me, just one dua-just raise your hands to the sky and ask god to help me. I need it so much. Please please please. God bless you all.

Asalaamulaykum man.

I didn't read this earlier. We will make dua for you, don't worry :smile:

What are you studying ? Im sorry to hear that, I know exams are important but you shouldnt think that if it doesn't go well then you're done -because you're not. It won't be the end of the world. I know one person whose exams didn't go well one summer and now he studies a very competitive degree. Have you talked to anyone in real life about your worries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
I didn't mean it like that. I wasn't justifying their actions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I apologise if it seemed like I was accusing you of supporting them. I wasn't. I simply mean that there is too much evidence against them. We can say that they are bad Muslims and back ourselves.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
I apologise if it seemed like I was accusing you of supporting them. I wasn't. I simply mean that there is too much evidence against them. We can say that they are bad Muslims and back ourselves.
Posted from TSR Mobile

It's fine.
Ok if you say so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Asalaamulaykum man.

What are you studying ? Im sorry to hear that, I know exams are important but you shouldnt think that if it doesn't go well then you're done -because you're not. It won't be the end of the world. I know one person whose exams didn't go well one summer and now he studies a very competitive degree. Have you talked to anyone in real life about your worries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Assalaamu 'alaikum brother faisal

We both have our c2 exam in 4 hours :yes:

Wish us luck :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Olon

Salamunalaikum,

I will definitely pray for you and everyone going through this feeling.

I understand how it feels, the pressure of performing, the consequences of not doing as well. I think it's important to understand a lot of people feel this. There is always a way, even through re-sits, even if its a slightly longer road, you will still make it, and you'll think i've made to the destination, it took longer but the fact i'm here has made me totally forget the patience i needed to observe.

No matter what, there is always a way, even a longer road.

When doing exams, you'll be inevitably nervous, i was terrified. But try to go at exams in a way that you want to enjoy doing them, you want to be tested and think creatively and critically. You'll find you stay far more calmer.

Work hard, do the best you can do and then leave the rest to Allah swt.
Assalmu Alaykum, I have a Physics exam in less than an hour and I feel pretty prepared Alhamdulilah! Please can you make dua I get a high grade - Thinking about you all, and I hope your examinations go well if you have any! May Allah make this easy for us and grant us success, Allahuma Ameen!

Posted from TSR Mobile
And out of curiosity, what do you guys do before an exam? I make sure I pray two rakat, leave the house with wudhu, duas including Ayatul Kursi. Any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by Fisabilillah
And out of curiosity, what do you guys do before an exam? I make sure I pray two rakat, leave the house with wudhu, duas including Ayatul Kursi. Any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will make dua for you insha allah :smile:
Reply 92
Original post by Tawheed
Salamunalaikum,

I will definitely pray for you and everyone going through this feeling.

I understand how it feels, the pressure of performing, the consequences of not doing as well. I think it's important to understand a lot of people feel this. There is always a way, even through re-sits, even if its a slightly longer road, you will still make it, and you'll think i've made to the destination, it took longer but the fact i'm here has made me totally forget the patience i needed to observe.

No matter what, there is always a way, even a longer road.

When doing exams, you'll be inevitably nervous, i was terrified. But try to go at exams in a way that you want to enjoy doing them, you want to be tested and think creatively and critically. You'll find you stay far more calmer.

Work hard, do the best you can do and then leave the rest to Allah swt.

Original post by ash92:)
Assalaamu 'alaykum.

Spoiler

It was narrated that Abu Hurairah said:
"The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'The strong believer is better and more beloved to Allah than the weak believer, although both are good. Strive for that which will benefit you, seek the help of Allah, and do not feel helpless. If anything befalls you, do not say, "if only I had done such and such" rather say "Qaddara Allahu wa ma sha'a fa'ala (Allah has decreed and whatever he wills, He does)." For (saying) 'If' opens (the door) to the deeds of Satan.'"
[Sunan Ibn Majah]

"No amount of guilt can change the past and no amount of worrying can change the future. Go easy on yourself for the outcome of all affairs is determined by Allah's Decree. If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come on your way, but if it is yours by destiny, from you it cannot flee.''
['Umar ibn al-Khattab]

Ali bin Abi Talib رضي الله عنه went to Ash'ath to console him upon the death of one of his sons. He said:
"If you are sad, then you are deserving of mercy, but if you are patient, then Allah gives you something in place of what was lost or destroyed. And know that if you are patient, everything that was described for you and preordained for you will occur and you will be rewarded. If you complain and are hopeless, then likewise all that was destined for you will occur, except that you will be blamed for your impatience at Allah's will."
[Gems and Jewels, Abdul Malik Mujahid]

May Allah ta'ala bless you with success in the dunya and the aakhirah, and may His rahmah and barakah be upon you. May He ease for you your task and put your mind and heart at ease.

Asalaamulaykum man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jazakallah khair guys. The exam was harder than i thought but insha allah it's all good. Thanks for your dua's. Last year was really bad for me and i don't want to repeat the same mistake. Youre all in my dua's bro's :h:
Reply 93
Original post by Olon

Assalaamu 'alaykum, have you had the exam?

Original post by Enginerd.
Can anyone help me here. When I do wudu I normally ensure that my full beard is wet and pass my hands over it. Is it essential that every single hair is wet? Or is it like the head where you basically do masah.

My beard is very small.

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://islamqa.info/en/110261

Original post by Tawheed
InshAllah!

awesomes

Original post by Fisabilillah
Assalmu Alaykum, I have a Physics exam in less than an hour and I feel pretty prepared Alhamdulilah! Please can you make dua I get a high grade - Thinking about you all, and I hope your examinations go well if you have any! May Allah make this easy for us and grant us success, Allahuma Ameen!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa 'alaykum assalaam. Ameen, may Allah ta'aala bless you with success in the dunya and the aakhirah. May He ease your task for you.

رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي
وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي
"My Lord, expand for me my breast [with assurance]
And ease for me my task
[Surah Ta-ha]
Reply 94
Original post by Olon
Jazakallah khair guys. The exam was harder than i thought but insha allah it's all good. Thanks for your dua's. Last year was really bad for me and i don't want to repeat the same mistake. Youre all in my dua's bro's :h:

May Allah ta'ala bless you with 'sharh as-Sudoor", may He aid you in your endeavours for Halaal rizq and may He keep your faith in Him strong.
Original post by Olon
I will make dua for you insha allah :smile:

Thank you so much! Exam went great! Alhamdulilah

Posted from TSR Mobile
From a fellow Malaysian, via Whatsapp
(Translated by me, hope you guys can understand it)

Tonight, I tried to seize the opportunity- listening and scrutinising the speech of Dr Morsi in the court. A speech that touches the heart of the audiences, causing goosebumps to rise and the judges should feel intimidated and penitent by it if they still have a slight imaan in their hearts.

When Dr Morsi was allowed to speak, he didn't even beg for his punishment to be reduced. Instead, he gave a speech about the rewards and the happiness that Allah promised to the fighters of Islam.

Also, Dr Morsi recited verses 171 until 175 of Surah Ali Imran (3rd Chapter);

يَسْتَبْشِرُونَ بِنِعْمَةٍ مِّنَ ٱللَّهِ وَفَضْلٍ وَأَنَّ ٱللَّهَ لَا يُضِيعُ أَجْرَ ٱلْمُؤْمِنِينَ

Sahih International
They receive good tidings of favor from Allah and bounty and [of the fact] that Allah does not allow the reward of believers to be lost -

ٱلَّذِينَ ٱسْتَجَابُوا۟ لِلَّهِ وَٱلرَّسُولِ مِنۢ بَعْدِ مَآ أَصَابَهُمُ ٱلْقَرْحُ ۚ لِلَّذِينَ أَحْسَنُوا۟ مِنْهُمْ وَٱتَّقَوْا۟ أَجْرٌ عَظِيمٌ

Sahih International
Those [believers] who responded to Allah and the Messenger after injury had struck them. For those who did good among them and feared Allah is a great reward -

ٱلَّذِينَ قَالَ لَهُمُ ٱلنَّاسُ إِنَّ ٱلنَّاسَ قَدْ جَمَعُوا۟ لَكُمْ فَٱخْشَوْهُمْ فَزَادَهُمْ إِيمَٰنًا وَقَالُوا۟ حَسْبُنَا ٱللَّهُ وَنِعْمَ ٱلْوَكِيلُ

Those to whom hypocrites said, "Indeed, the people have gathered against you, so fear them." But it [merely] increased them in faith, and they said, "Sufficient for us is Allah , and [He is] the best Disposer of affairs."

فَٱنقَلَبُوا۟ بِنِعْمَةٍ مِّنَ ٱللَّهِ وَفَضْلٍ لَّمْ يَمْسَسْهُمْ سُوٓءٌ وَٱتَّبَعُوا۟ رِضْوَٰنَ ٱللَّهِ ۗ وَٱللَّهُ ذُو فَضْلٍ عَظِيمٍ

Sahih International
So they returned with favor from Allah and bounty, no harm having touched them. And they pursued the pleasure of Allah , and Allah is the possessor of great bounty.

إِنَّمَا ذَٰلِكُمُ ٱلشَّيْطَٰنُ يُخَوِّفُ أَوْلِيَآءَهُۥ فَلَا تَخَافُوهُمْ وَخَافُونِ إِن كُنتُم مُّؤْمِنِينَ

Sahih International
That is only Satan who frightens [you] of his supporters. So fear them not, but fear Me, if you are [indeed] believers.

Then, he continued:

هذا نداء الله لنا جميعا الا نخشى الا الله والا نعود ابدا الى الوراء وان نعتصم به سبحانه وان نقول ونردد دائما:

حَسْبُنَا اللَّهُ وَنِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ

هذا يكفيينا. الله كافينا. الله سبحانه وتعالى يحب اذا نظر الى عباده ان يراهم له داعين وبسنته مستمسكين وبدينه وحبله المتين معتصمين.

وَاعْتَصِمُوا بِحَبْلِ اللَّهِ جَمِيعًا وَلَا تَفَرَّقُوا

جئنا برسالة سلام الى هذا العالم لا نريد حربا ولا عدوانا. وانما نريد للناس خيرا. وان شاء الله

Meaning:

" This is the call of Allah to us all, so that we're not afraid, except to Allah alone. So that we won't look back. And so that we will always be steadfast on Allah's religion and say, we repeat Allah's words;

Sufficient for us is Allah, and he's the best Disposer of affairs

This is enough for us. Allah makes it (His help) enough for us. Allah subhanahu wata'ala likes it when He sees His slaves, they at that time are calling to Allah's religion, adhering to His Sunnah (Prophet sallallahu alaihi wassalam), hold firm to the religion and its chain.

[Allah said:] { And hold firm to Allah's chain, all of you, and do not be divided (from the chain of Allah)..}

We are here on a mission of peace to this world. We do not want wars and enemies. And verily, we only want what's best for the mankind. And with Allah's willing..."

Jazakum Allahu Khairan

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending