The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tawheed
By the way guys, secularism is on the rise, homosexuality is something that is being taught as perfectly acceptable and that muslims are bigots and their beliefs are extremely biggoted in believing the practise of homosexuality is something not permitted in Islam.

The next generation, your children will grow up on this - perhaps- in their schools due to a shift in political mood, social media popularism.

Anyone that holds a view against homosexuality maybe label as a radicalized individual, and the media will try to push the agenda of those saying islam has nothing against the practise - and these individuals will be the 'moderates'.

I would like to know what your thoughts are?

To be honest with you In the future I do fear for my religion and my children's religion in this country, not only are they going to criminalise certain Islamic beliefs by this new CTS Bill but also becoming difficult to practise your religion in the public sphere. I came across this video the other day where BBC journalist John Ware was interviewing this muslim journalist, and just holding the view of the 'caliphate' was deemed wrong. I understand IS are not helping either. [video="youtube;Mj22YzgwT8I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj22YzgwT8I[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
By the way guys, secularism is on the rise, homosexuality is something that is being taught as perfectly acceptable and that muslims are bigots and their beliefs are extremely biggoted in believing the practise of homosexuality is something not permitted in Islam.

The next generation, your children will grow up on this - perhaps- in their schools due to a shift in political mood, social media popularism.

Anyone that holds a view against homosexuality maybe label as a radicalized individual, and the media will try to push the agenda of those saying islam has nothing against the practise - and these individuals will be the 'moderates'.

Id guess we just have to stay strong through this trial
Assalamualaykum , I am currently waiting for my GCSE results and I'm extremely worried I keep panicking I've started listening to the Quran to help me not panic but I still find myself thinking about it and the type of grades I might get ;( I really want to please my parents are there any Duas that could help me get my grade and how does istikhara work?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video="youtube;2jP6oJc_Zys"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jP6oJc_Zys[/video]
Original post by IdeasForLife
Boko Haram gun down atleast 80 Muslims who were praying in mosques. They also killed 43 Muslims yesterday. They have been reported to have also broken into some homes and killed women + children as they prepared the evening meal.
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raijoon
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/07/muslims-massacred-boko-haram-sweep-nigera-150702191439658.html
May Allah curse them.

Very sad

Ameen!
Original post by Tawheed

It's best to not raise your kids in a non Muslim Western country although most Muslim countries have way too many problems unfortunately. It's a big dilemma for all of us I must say.
Original post by The_K1NG
It's best to not raise your kids in a non Muslim Western country although most Muslim countries have way too many problems unfortunately. It's a big dilemma for all of us I must say.

Although not perfect, Turkey and the Khaleeji countries like UAE and stuff don't seem too bad for raising a Muslim family do they? :curious:
Original post by Zamestaneh
Although not perfect, Turkey and the Khaleeji countries like UAE and stuff don't seem too bad for raising a Muslim family do they? :curious:

UAE is good but Turkey is a bit too liberal for a Muslim country don't you think?

Most, people would tend to say UAE is a big no go. I may agree with certain neighbourhoods. However a few selected areas are thriving in terms of it's Da'wah work, and get a few hundred converts every year. I've been to one area and have to say Masha'Allah wasn't the perception I thought from all the negative press, In terms Islamically, you hear about Dubai.
UAE is good but Turkey is a bit too liberal for a Muslim country don't you think?

It is quite liberal by Islamic standards but the liberalness won't be as 'aggressive' as it is here, and also there is a lot of dawah potential there - would be a fruitful place to start an Islamic revival one day inshaAllah :beard:
I'd love to live in the UAE or Morocco :love:
Assalamualaikum, is there anyone going to Leicester uni next year (or currently studying there) who needs accommodation for next year?

There are 2 of us girls looking for 2 more flatmates to live with. Please message me if you're interested! It's an ensuite flat, 4 bedrooms.
Original post by cathartic
Assalamualaykum , I am currently waiting for my GCSE results and I'm extremely worried I keep panicking I've started listening to the Quran to help me not panic but I still find myself thinking about it and the type of grades I might get ;( I really want to please my parents are there any Duas that could help me get my grade and how does istikhara work?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa'alaykumasalaam.

Not any that I know of bro. Dw tho, you're just probably feeling a bit nervous, Insha'Allah youll have done fine :smile:
Regarding istikhara http://islamqa.info/en/11981

Become rich. Go Pakistan yaar. Won't have to worry about corrupt police and stuff because you'll be the law :wink:
Become rich. Go Pakistan yaar. Won't have to worry about corrupt police and stuff because you'll be the law :wink:

Do you want to join me in making a salafistani community in istanbul, yaar :beard:

In some places it'll be liberal as hell but in other's it should be somewhat conservative? Despite his flaws, Erdogan has done a lot of good for Islam in Turkey (e.g. unbanning the hijab for women who worked in the public sector).
Do you want to join me in making a salafistani community in istanbul, yaar :beard:

Salafize them barevelis innit :u:
Taken from a famous anti-islamic website trying to show 'scientific errors' in the Quran(I won't link it, it exposes unclear verses or those needing further elucidation to manipulate individuals): "Neither was there any stage of formation of the Universe that involved smoke (carbon particles suspended as a result of combustion)"

The term 'smoke' or 'as smoke' does not have to mean a carboon /soot like compound suspended as a gas, it can mean it had that sort of appearance, like a cloudy/gaseous apperance so it likes 'as smoke' - Allahu'alam. However to take it literally:

They said carbon isn't involved.

http://www.nbi.ku.dk/english/news/news15/astronomers-find-dust-in-the-early-universe/

"Cosmic dust are smoke-like particles made up of either carbon (fine soot) or silicates (fine sand). The dust is comprised primarily of elements such as carbon, silicon, magnesium, iron and oxygen. The elements are synthesised by the nuclear combustion process in stars and driven out into space when the star dies and explodes.

In space, they gather in clouds of dust and gas, which form new stars, and for each generation of new stars, more elements are formed. This is a slow process and in the very earliest galaxies in the history of the universe, dust had not yet formed.

But now a team of researchers have discovered a very distant galaxy that contains a large amount of dust, changing astronomers’ previous calculations of how quickly the dust was formed."

I'm not writing thorough refutation, nor even making an argument against the alleged contradiction, i just want people to know science is rapidly advancing, and often bold statements made against the Quran, even if people inteprete the Quran say a way it shouldn't can still fall flat on their face.

EDIT:

"The dust in our universe smoke-like particles made up of either carbon (fine soot) or silicates (fine sand) originates in stars. It’s synthesized by the thermonuclear fusion process that allows stars to shine. Later, the dust is driven out into space when massive stars die and explode as supernovae.

In the space between the stars, dust gathers in clouds along with gas, and these clouds are the birthplaces of new stars and (presumably) their planets. The dust is comprised mainly of elements such as carbon, silicon, magnesium, iron and oxygen, ingredients that go into making up planets like our Earth."
http://earthsky.org/space/a-dusty-galaxy-in-the-early-universe

So yes, the universe at several points while larger stars predominated - being unstable, exploding, giving off dust/smoke would have as the universe evolved given to us a picture of a universe that looked quite smokey, whatever it comprised of be it carbon aas well as remnants of supernovae or anything it was.
(edited 8 years ago)
Salafize them barevelis innit :u:

Brillotingz come from Pakistan fam, not Turkey fam :colonhash:
x

Always liked this pic

The Edits were better

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending