The Student Room Group

Im a subconciously attention seeking?

Its UNBELIEVABLE!

Ok my mum and aunty say im an attention seeker with all this anxiety and have kinda ignored me because of this over the last few years but I don't lie about anything I say is wrong. Anyway its my nans 80th today and she is going for a meal with family they have just left now, from ten past five (when everyone was getting ready) I started getting bad period pains, not wanting to tell anyone (because they would have said im trying to ruin her b day) I got a hot water bottle and locked myself in my room lying on the bed. I thought that it might stop throbbing in 20 minutes but at quater to six everyone was getting ready to go and my mum came and said hurry up, I told her I would walk up later (I admit I did expect some sympathy or something). She shouted saying that its every time they have something planned and im not ruining her birthday. Then my nan started begging me to come down but I had no pants on so shouted I'l come up later, my mum started shouting again telling me im an idiot and I shouted '****' off .
She told her so now my nan thinks Ive told her to **** off.

I wasn't that bothered then I was just trying to get rid of the cramping but now im really bothered it has just stopped hurting! Again they are going to be calling me an attention seeker. Well am I?:confused: I can't believe it started and stopped cramping EXACTLY so I look like im attention seeking:confused: Im really scared to go up now cause my aunty will tell me off this is probably one of the worst things someone can do (not attend there nans 80th)

If your still reading then thanks, what do you think I should do now?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Go and join them, tell them the pain has gone? If the pain was real, it was real. You may have some issue where you did it to yourself, but without knowing you, no one can say.

On a final note, I hate attention seekers with a passion, so for your own good, if you ARE an attention seeker - sort it out :smile:
Reply 2
Nix!
Go and join them, tell them the pain has gone? If the pain was real, it was real. You may have some issue where you did it to yourself, but without knowing you, no one can say.

On a final note, I hate attention seekers with a passion, so for your own good, if you ARE an attention seeker - sort it out :smile:

I will I'l have to really, thanks.
Reply 3
I can sympathise with your cramps, but next time you get them you could take some pain killers and get on with things.........I used to get quite bad cramps too when I had my period ( thank god I havent had a period for 8 years!!!) so I know how you feel. But in defence of your mom, its her moms 80th, a really big birthday and I suppose she just wanted everyone together on such a special occassion.
Reply 4
this isn't helpful so sorry but why were you lying on your bed with no pants on?
Reply 5
Just out of curiosity, how old are you?
lara400
this isn't helpful so sorry but why were you lying on your bed with no pants on?

:biggrin:

OP - that does sound a bit like something my ex-housemate would do. She was a complete attention seeker. It sounds a bit like you were throwing a strop like a little kid. I know period pain can be really horrible but you just have to deal with it. Period pain isn't an excuse to be like that.
Reply 7
If you had your period- why were you not wearing pants? :confused: :eek:

I can see two sides here- I know a woman that uses her period as an excuse and stands people up causing real annoyance and hassle (e.g. family meals in posh places and therefore arguments with her husband), so if that's what you were doing- just stop.

I get horrendous period pains and still get up and go to uni, and work, I even went out and ate on New Year's Eve when I felt so sick I didn't want to move and had BEEN sick that morning because of b*starding period- if it's awful, get paracetamol and a heat patch!! So I sympathise that it bloody hurts but if every other woman goes to work like it, I think it's a bit harsh to miss such a big occasion...

To the poster who hasn't had a period in EIGHT YEARS- HOW?!?!?!?!?! TELL ME PLEASE!!!!! :eek: :redface: :biggrin:
Reply 8
I'm glad i'm a guy.
Reply 9
loser88
If you had your period- why were you not wearing pants? :confused: :eek:

I can see two sides here- I know a woman that uses her period as an excuse and stands people up causing real annoyance and hassle (e.g. family meals in posh places and therefore arguments with her husband), so if that's what you were doing- just stop.

I get horrendous period pains and still get up and go to uni, and work, I even went out and ate on New Year's Eve when I felt so sick I didn't want to move and had BEEN sick that morning because of b*starding period- if it's awful, get paracetamol and a heat patch!! So I sympathise that it bloody hurts but if every other woman goes to work like it, I think it's a bit harsh to miss such a big occasion...

To the poster who hasn't had a period in EIGHT YEARS- HOW?!?!?!?!?! TELL ME PLEASE!!!!! :eek: :redface: :biggrin:

I"ll tell you how...................firstly I was on the depo injection for seven years after the birth of my second son, then last year I changed to a contaceptive implant..........still nothing has happened regarding getting a period......and thats how I did it.
So you're infertile then? What's the deal i'm confused.
If the op is northen then the northen definiton of pants is sometimes the same as the Americans- no trousers on.

Just apologise, explain the situation, and take your nan some flowers to explain you wern't swearing at her.
Reply 12
Annie72
I"ll tell you how...................firstly I was on the depo injection for seven years after the birth of my second son, then last year I changed to a contaceptive implant..........still nothing has happened regarding getting a period......and thats how I did it.

Wow!! Thank you :smile: What's the depo injection? Do you have to have had kids?
Reply 13
The depo injection is a form of birth control, you have an injection in your arm once every three months and you are protected from pregnancy and no you dont have to have had kids. I would recommend it.

And if that post asking if I am infertile now was aimed at me.........no I am not infertile....all I need to do is to have the implant taken out wait for my periods to return and I can get pregnant again should I want to.
Reply 14
Annie72
The depo injection is a form of birth control, you have an injection in your arm once every three months and you are protected from pregnancy and no you dont have to have had kids. I would recommend it.

And if that post asking if I am infertile now was aimed at me.........no I am not infertile....all I need to do is to have the implant taken out wait for my periods to return and I can get pregnant again should I want to.

Ahhh- new there had to be a catch- I can't have injections, scared...:frown: Also, I have no reason for birth control!! Do you know of any other ways to stop periods?? Thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 15
No, I dont know of any other ways to stop your periods, sorry.
Reply 16
From what you say, you make it clear that you know you weren't in the wrong and you're just afraid to face your family now. The real issue is, if you already know that you weren't attention seeking, why bother posting it here? To seek a little attention maybe?

Missing your nan's 80th birthday isn't one of the worst things you can do, but I think missing it because you're embarrassed to face her is pretty pointless. If you know you genuinely weren't up to going, then there shouldn't be an issue at all.
It wasn't aimed at you. I was just generally interested.

Women are complex.

A lass I know has this tube in her arm, she got it put in after she had an abortion. It's odd.
Reply 18
loser88
Ahhh- new there had to be a catch- I can't have injections, scared...:frown: Also, I have no reason for birth control!! Do you know of any other ways to stop periods?? Thanks for your help :smile:

Get pregnant, have a Mirena IUD fitted (doesn't always work though), take male hormones, do tons of sporty exercise, become anorexic, have contreceptive implants fitted.
(Not all of the above at once, of course! And some of them aren't really very good suggestions)

Forgot to mention hystorectomy - as a last resort lol
Reply 19
lara400

I was holding an hot water bottle as Ive heard it helps to stop the cramps and it wouldn't be as effective with pants on :redface:

Im 20 and I admit im really immature I don't even look my age though that shouldn't be anything to do with it. Anyway I went and it was better than most of the 18th and 21st parties Ive been too!

Latest

Trending

Trending