The Student Room Group

What A-Levels are you taking/what did you take?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arun99
Is this good for an accounting degree:

Further Maths
Maths
Physics (the science that I do the best in my GCSEs)
Economics

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the same reasons lol.

Original post by drinktheoceans
Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics
Pray for me, please.

Not really, further maths difficulty is overhyped, maths is fine, physics is a joke if you do maths and further maths, biology is how well can you memorise and chemistry is not too bad, just learn the mark scheme. Pray for people who do History, Geography, Politics and Economics + a Language. That is insanity, the number of essays you would have to write...
maths
chemistry
english lit
history
Reply 22
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Economics
Maybe German or Spanish

This is gonna be a pain
Reply 23
Pray for me, please.

Pretty decent, by the time you leave sixth form you'll be like Hapax Legomenon
Original post by AdamCee
Woo :five:
I want to go into either economics or law :smile: what about you?

want to go into teaching :smile:
Original post by fatima1998
don't worry.... I thinks the same its a welcome of death n afterwards during the A levels there will b no sign of recovery n eventually I will die :biggrin:

hahaha, but if you get good grades in them you will look super impressive!
Original post by georginapobs
I'm doing maths, further maths (possibly additional further), physics and chemistry for a physics degree hopefully after Sixth Form :smile:

oooh sounds good, but hard. Brother did maths, further maths, geography and physics so he did similar ones to you. He got A*, A, A, C. Found physics insanely hard, was hoping for a B in physics, but he still got accepted into Nottingham uni to do a maths degree. Doing his first year of exams now. But he did pick up further maths a year later so the most he could get was an A, and he taught it himself - proud sister here!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zoexa
I'm doing maths physics resistant materials and PE!! I chose them for the same reasons!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Resistant materials?!
Original post by Arun99
Is this good for an accounting degree:

Further Maths
Maths
Physics (the science that I do the best in my GCSEs)
Economics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mate, to be brutally honest with you, you only really need Maths out of all of them to get into an accounting degree nowadays.
Original post by TheWaffle
French is well regarded in primary schools- as is maths :smile:

I did
Maths, French, Latin, Classics (AS) and an EPQ (and a cheeky BTEC in Banter Studies)

Wow two languages, I do French and german at GCSE and I find it confusing. Mate, I've already got an oxford degree in banter studies :wink:
Pray for me, please.

May lord have mercy on you
Reply 31
Maths,
Further Maths,
Physics,
Chemistry,
Biology.
Can't wait for next year. I'm going to hate it so much.
Original post by student97
maths
chemistry
english lit
history

Quite similar A Levels since we have maths, a science, an English and a humanity. Wooop! What subject do you find the hardest?
Original post by kittykatieboo
oooh sounds good, but hard. Brother did maths, further maths, geography and physics so he did similar ones to you. He got A*, A, A, C. Found physics insanely hard, was hoping for a B but he still got accepted into Nottingham uni to do a maths degree. Doing his first year of exams now.

I have looked at some of the course and the spec I am taking and it doesn't seem that bad (I bet I will think different in year 12), I'm just going to make sure I do the work in next year, and not hold it all off until a month before the exams!
Original post by Cloud32
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Economics
Maybe German or Spanish

This is gonna be a pain

Eeeek, maths, a science and a language sounds tricky - but very well respected.
Original post by kittykatieboo
Quite similar A Levels since we have maths, a science, an English and a humanity. Wooop! What subject do you find the hardest?

history!!!! definitely read ahead, it is the most fun and interesting but hard. maths is easy, but also easy to get too complacent like i did and absolutely flopped my exam on wednesday, so be careful!
Reply 36
in the 1st year of IB..... bloody hard
Original post by Incubator
Mate, to be brutally honest with you, you only really need Maths out of all of them to get into an accounting degree nowadays.

I suppose you're right, but it may be out of his own interest to do those subjects, they might be enjoyable to him :smile:
Original post by olegasr
Maths,
Further Maths,
Physics,
Chemistry,
Biology.
Can't wait for next year. I'm going to hate it so much.

Grrr everyone with their hard A Levels, why do this to yourself lol? I suppose it's pretty focuses so you'll have a narrow perspective. Better than doing random subjects like me I suppose because English language wont ever help me in maths. Best of luck!
I have absolutely no idea what I want to do in the future. Oh dear. But i'm taking:
English Literature
German
History
Film Studies

I swear I'm the only person on this thread not doing maths or science

Quick Reply

Latest