The Student Room Group

C4 CCEA May 2015

How did everyone find the exam? What were peoples exact answers for the last question?

Scroll to see replies

I found it okay apart from the last question
Reply 2
Original post by C2346
How did everyone find the exam? What were peoples exact answers for the last question?

What was your answer, I can't remember mine
Reply 3
I got something crazy like -√2/12 + something/3840 for the last question.
Reply 4
Original post by ems501
I got something crazy like -√2/12 + something/3840 for the last question.

Me too! I thought i was waaay off because it was such a weird answer
Reply 5
So happy I got that one! Messed up the functions question though and somehow got the inverse function to be the same as the fg one. Idek what I did wrong there.
Reply 6
Original post by ems501
So happy I got that one! Messed up the functions question though and somehow got the inverse function to be the same as the fg one. Idek what I did wrong there.

I got the same inverse too. Ive heard other people got the same as well so hopefull we're right
Reply 7
Original post by C2346
I got the same inverse too. Ive heard other people got the same as well so hopefull we're right

Seriously? That's the most amazing thing I've heard today!
I found this quite easy compared to the C3. I don't know about that last answer though. I used substitution and did u=cos^2x (I think) and then replaced the sin with u^1/2. In the end it was something like (root4/2) or something along those lines.

What about that volume question? Did anyone get a=24?
Reply 9
Right I'm just gonna post all the answers I remember.
1) 38. Something
2) m=1/2
3) 4y = x + 7
4) t = 34.7 minutes
5) Tanx = +/- root3/5
6) area = 5pi/24 and a = 24
7) x=2 and y=0 for asymptotes
Reply 10
I got 0.109 for the last question, but from what I've gathered that wrong and the right answer is around 0.05? i know thats not exact form but there ya go. I got a=24cm and the inverse to be the same as the function
Reply 11
Original post by ems501
Right I'm just gonna post all the answers I remember.
1) 38. Something
2) m=1/2
3) 4y = x + 7
4) t = 34.7 minutes
5) Tanx = +/- root3/5
6) area = 5pi/24 and a = 24
7) x=2 and y=0 for asymptotes

surely there should be two more solutions for 5) ? and is the asymptotes not x=-2 and y=0? Otherwise i agree for the rest of them
Reply 12
Original post by crazers
Yea I agree with that bar the x=2 asymptote

Sorry, I meant x=-2 for the asymptote. I also got 8/3 or 3/8 for the substitution integration, can't remember the way round it goes haha
Reply 13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfk1oehfPdQ

thats the last one done using a u substitution
Reply 14
Original post by 2015ld
surely there should be two more solutions for 5) ? and is the asymptotes not x=-2 and y=0? Otherwise i agree for the rest of them

That gave 4 solutions for (5), cause it was + and -. I did get x=-2, just made a mistake there sorry.
Reply 15
Original post by crazers
Yea I got 4 angles when I solved 5.

I didn't but that was because i stupidly forgot to do the ± and instead just did + the root
Reply 16
Original post by ems501
That gave 4 solutions for (5), cause it was + and -. I did get x=-2, just made a mistake there sorry.

Oh sorry thought you just meant ± the root as the answer
Original post by ems501
Seriously? That's the most amazing thing I've heard today!

yep i got the same inverse
what method did everyone use for the last question, I'm pretty sure i got it wrong but i want to see if i would get any method marks. I took out sinx then used cos^2 x identity the i considered the differentials - did anyone do this method?
Also guys if you do 2 attempts at a question do they mark the best one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending