The Student Room Group

Credit suisse year 13 investment banking insight day

Yup, applied. Looks great, just fingers crossed now.
Applied this morning, hopefully not too late
Reply 2
Boom!

Accepted! Phew, after being rejected from RBS my poor heart was not going to take another Pre-U rejection!
Original post by iAmanze
Boom!

Accepted! Phew, after being rejected from RBS my poor heart was not going to take another Pre-U rejection!

Exactly the same here haha, rejected from RBS but just been accepted onto Credit Suisse, so happy I can't believe it
Original post by iAmanze
Boom!

Original post by G.Hailstone
Exactly the same here haha, rejected from RBS but just been accepted onto Credit Suisse, so happy I can't believe it

Well done m80s

Got in too :smile:

#RBSLOSINGTALENT
Reply 5
anyone have any idea how many people go to these insight days and if it really does help you to get onto the internships/spring weeks?
Original post by bex__
anyone have any idea how many people go to these insight days and if it really does help you to get onto the internships/spring weeks?

~40-50 students

And yes. This programme allows fast track into SW.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonynmous
~40-50 students

And yes. This programme allows fast track into SW.

Is it cheap to list insight days on your CV, like are they a waste of space?
Original post by 105263
Is it cheap to list insight days on your CV, like are they a waste of space?

No!

Insight days have to be on ur CV.

They take preference over anything else (bar proper internships and actual work experience).

They should be in your work experience section.
Reply 9
No!

Insight days have to be on ur CV.

They take preference over anything else (bar proper internships and actual work experience).

They should be in your work experience section.

Ah okay i was just wondering. What if you do the same thing on each of the insight days, which I think does happen with a lot of IBs i.e. you network/find about about ibd/ would you liste the same thing when describing what you did on the day?
Original post by 105263
Ah okay i was just wondering. What if you do the same thing on each of the insight days, which I think does happen with a lot of IBs i.e. you network/find about about ibd/ would you liste the same thing when describing what you did on the day?

this is how i've got mine listed

but then again, didn't have space for anything more than that.

just make it clar it was an insight day, it's good for showing motivation towards the industry.

Spoiler

Reply 11
Original post by gr8wizard10

just make it clar it was an insight day, it's good for showing motivation towards the industry.

Spoiler

I was thinking of doing that, glad to feel reassured. Cheers

Spoiler

M(7+3-2), we're talking ab pre uni.

U defo had insights listed in work experience on ur CV, way before you got that pre uni internship.

Spoiler

ah nvm, read ur post wrong.
Original post by 105263

Only expand on Insights if you havent got proper work experience on ur CV,

otherwise just list them as gr8wizard10 says.

Make sure to keep a note of what you did anyways, so when it comes to interview can just say what u did.
ah nvm, read ur post wrong.

no worries m(if x = 5, 7x-27)

Quick Reply

Latest