The Student Room Group

English Language GCSE Q3 help?

Hi, does anyone have any advice on the English Language GCSE question 3? I do higher tier and am aiming for an A.

I find it difficult to interpret the text. I know the question involves 'reading between the lines' to an extent, and my teacher has told me to take two quotes and draw one conclusion, for every two marks. However, I almost never know what points to make, and when I do, I often find myself seeming to repeat points. I also can't tell what counts as 'offering perceptive explanations and interpretations' (quoted form the AQA mark scheme), and what counts as stating the obvious.
Any advice on how to approach the question would be appreciated, as well as suggested resources and tips!

I've looked at the MrBruff video, my textbook, and GCSEpod, none of which I've found helpful. I have already done several past papers.

sorry if there's already a thread for/like this... couldn't find it :frown:
Reply 1
Try to explain why the speaker is feeling the way that you suspect them to be feeling. You have to do this by talking about how the language techniques (figurative language, punctuation, verbs, adjectives etc) and their choice of words are used to present their thoughts and feelings in the article/ personal account.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending