The Student Room Group

How can I get an earlier hospital appointment?

I have been referred to the ENT department in hospital for an appointment concerning my ears on the 22nd July. I have to have them microsuctioned followed by a hearing test, I am finding that my hearing has significantly been impacted and its causing me great discomfort. Would it be worth ringing the hospital and telling them to call me back if there were are cancellations so I can take that appointment? I'm awfully worried.

I'm not sure if this makes a difference but I also have a perforated eardrum.
(edited 8 years ago)
Call them and ask for an earlier appointment.

I did this recently (or rather, a different day) and have ended up going to a different hospital, which you might be offered.
Yes having been to many hospital appointments recently if you ring them up, an earlier appointment may have become available since they sent your letter out.
Original post by Elnor
I have been referred to the ENT department in hospital for an appointment concerning my ears on the 22nd July. I have to have them microsuctioned followed by a hearing test, I am finding that my hearing has significantly been impacted and its causing me great discomfort. Would it be worth ringing the hospital and telling them to call me back if there were are cancellations so I can take that appointment? I'm awfully worried.

I'm not sure if this makes a difference but I also have a perforated eardrum.

are you taking the treatment (ear drops) religiously, lying down for >5mins with it in your affected ear(s) once/twice per day..?
You dont generally unless you find a better hospital if you have private cover use that use that its far more efficient uses NHS hospitals but skips the ques :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest