The Student Room Group

"Undergraduate numbers cap ‘to be abolished’"

So, has it happened yet? I just got off the phone with someone from UCAS Admissions, and they had no idea about it?!
Original post by coolguy12345
So, has it happened yet? I just got off the phone with someone from UCAS Admissions, and they had no idea about it?!

I am pretty sure its happened.
Not that I know of, everything I saw when I was looking it up talked about Osborne's speech in December 2013 but nothing after..

It is happening for 2015 entry.
Yep this year there will be no cap, so expect a lack of accommodation at Universities that decide they are going to fill up places to make more money.
Original post by Penguinfarts
Yep this year there will be no cap, so expect a lack of accommodation at Universities that decide they are going to fill up places to make more money.

Yikes...

So, any predictions on the clearing situation this year?
does this mean that more people will get into universities if they miss their grades?
Original post by lightningdoritos
does this mean that more people will get into universities if they miss their grades?

Only those who get BBB for an ABB offer. Anyone with an offer well above ABB or At BBB or lower wouldn't have been affected by the cap.
Original post by PQ
Only those who get BBB for an ABB offer. Anyone with an offer well above ABB or At BBB or lower wouldn't have been affected by the cap.

Can you please explain this further?
Original post by localblackguy
Can you please explain this further?

Last year universities had limited spaces for students with BBB and below. If an applicant got BBB for an ABB offer they were more likely to be rejected. Other offer levels were unaffected.

This year there is no cap.
Original post by Jai Sandhu
I am pretty sure its happened.

Any evidence?
Yikes...

So, any predictions on the clearing situation this year?

Unless you are wishing to read medicine, vet med, dentistry, nursing, midwifery or possibly primary education, you should be able to get a place somewhere with almost any grades (though possibly with a foundation year).

However think very carefully whether a classics degree from Skelmersdale Institute of Mechanical Engineering is worth doing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending