The Student Room Group

Ex issues

I was with this girl for 3 years at uni and I had never been in love with anyone as much as her. I actually wanted to marry her. I really thought she was happy with me too however out of the blue she ended things and it turned out she had started seeing someone else.

This absolutely destroyed me and the pain still hurts to this day. 2 years since and I'm still single and pretty miserable but generally happy that shes out of my life.

Although she lives >100 miles away now it now turns out that her current boyfriend is coming to work where I do and may infact be my boss in a few weeks time.

I found this out today and it has literally re-opened so many healed wounds. I cant bear to think about working for this guy.

How unlucky can one guy be?
look for a new job immediately
oh dear. I wouldn't be able to work there.
Oh wow, yeah, that's really unlucky :frown:

Are you open to looking for a new job or are you otherwise happy there? And how do you know it's him?
Reply 4
I'm sorry about your situation. You shouldn't have to move work because of this, but I personally would not be able to work there. I wouldn't want to hear stories about him and his girlfriend which he will probably bring up, I wouldn't particularly want him to tell her or bitch about me.. I feel sorry for you..but hopefully you'll be able to move on and find someone new, and Begin the rest of your life.
Reply 5
Incredible bad luck. I wouldn't give up your job though unless youre ready for a move. Who knows they may split up any time. And you've got to hold your head high in difficult situations. Put your energy in to finding new love, it's the only cure.
Don't let the fact your ex's BF is going to be your boss get in your way. Who cares?

Don't be an idiot and leave the job or whatever ... take it on the chin and continue with your life. Be more centred.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending