The Student Room Group

Do I love him?

Okay, so I've recently got back together with an ex who I was completely in love with last year but then we had a nasty breakup then have weirdly enough been friends for the last 6 months and are now back together, the problem is I don't know if I still love him. I'm gonna split my thoughts into different points so it makes more sense

- I'm suffering from depression and I don't know if that can stop feelings of love?

- I'm scared that if I break up with him either he will become more mentally unstable or maybe even kill himself, or that in the future I'll realise that he was the one for me and I screwed it all up by breaking up with him (major fear of mine) and also I'm terrified to lose contact with him because I care about him and I need to know that he's okay and he doesn't really have anyone else he's close to so there wouldn't be anyone to look out for him

- I feel like I want to live with him and be with him in a few years time, but in these next few years I want to be single and experience other relationships because he is the only person I've been in a relationship with and before we got back together I doubted it because it would stop be from being able to flirt with and sleep with or have feelings for other people (despite my feelings for him)

-sometimes I really want to punch him because he frustrates me so much and he's so stubborn and won't talk about anything and he makes me so angry it's unreal (but I keep it all inside because if I complain about anything then he gets angry and stops talking to me)

- the main issue is I don't know if I love him or if I love the person he was a year ago, because there is a huge difference and to be honest if I met him now and we spoke the way we did before we got together this time I really wouldn't have bothered, it was hard work just staying his friend during that time and I wouldn't have done that if I hadn't loved him beforehand, but also if I met him now as a stranger and we got to know each other from scratch, I think I could fall for him again

What do you think? I'm so confused about my own feelings and I don't know what to do but I don't want to do the wrong thing :/
Original post by OhhNo
Okay, so I've recently got back together with an ex who I was completely in love with last year but then we had a nasty breakup then have weirdly enough been friends for the last 6 months and are now back together, the problem is I don't know if I still love him. I'm gonna split my thoughts into different points so it makes more sense

- I'm suffering from depression and I don't know if that can stop feelings of love?

- I'm scared that if I break up with him either he will become more mentally unstable or maybe even kill himself, or that in the future I'll realise that he was the one for me and I screwed it all up by breaking up with him (major fear of mine) and also I'm terrified to lose contact with him because I care about him and I need to know that he's okay and he doesn't really have anyone else he's close to so there wouldn't be anyone to look out for him

- I feel like I want to live with him and be with him in a few years time, but in these next few years I want to be single and experience other relationships because he is the only person I've been in a relationship with and before we got back together I doubted it because it would stop be from being able to flirt with and sleep with or have feelings for other people (despite my feelings for him)

-sometimes I really want to punch him because he frustrates me so much and he's so stubborn and won't talk about anything and he makes me so angry it's unreal (but I keep it all inside because if I complain about anything then he gets angry and stops talking to me)

- the main issue is I don't know if I love him or if I love the person he was a year ago, because there is a huge difference and to be honest if I met him now and we spoke the way we did before we got together this time I really wouldn't have bothered, it was hard work just staying his friend during that time and I wouldn't have done that if I hadn't loved him beforehand, but also if I met him now as a stranger and we got to know each other from scratch, I think I could fall for him again

What do you think? I'm so confused about my own feelings and I don't know what to do but I don't want to do the wrong thing :/

Depression doesn't stop feelings of love I can categorically tell you that

Posted from TSR Mobile
OhhYes
Original post by OhhNo
:/

It can't as far as I know

I notice you haven't put that you don't want to break up with him because you're happy in your relationship, but more because that it may cause lots of problems for him and you might regret it (If you decide that you don't love him, then you shouldn't regret it)

Well that's odd. You didn't want to get with him because that would stop you from getting with other people? Well that don't sound like strong feelings towards him to me...

Well that's not good.

More likely you haven't got over the person he was a year ago, based off the bit I put in bold.

Really it's up to you to decide what your real feelings are, not random people on the internet, but from my perspective it looks like it ain't a good relationship.
Man, 2015 must be the year of relationship threads.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending