The Student Room Group

How do I leave him?

I love my boyfriend, but I just don’t feel we are compatible and that this is something I want long term. I love him so much, but I just don’t see myself marrying him. We have told each other our deepest secrets, given each other our virginities, and have been completely vulnerable with each other, it would feel like such a waste to break up. I am torn, would miss him so much, but I know I am just wasting his time. What do I do?
Reply 1
In what ways do you think you are not compatible?
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
In what ways do you think you are not compatible?

We are too alike in the worst ways, we share the same toxic traits. He would rather play video games and find excuses to not answer his phone for 5-6 hours.
Have you tried talking to him about this? If you're sharing the same toxic traits.. doesn't that mean you're part of the problem too?
Reply 4
Original post by SupremeMemer
Have you tried talking to him about this? If you're sharing the same toxic traits.. doesn't that mean you're part of the problem too?

Yes I am, we both are, that’s why we are not compatible. I have tried talking to him about it, but he just tells me to “stfu” because he loves me and needs me, so I never really get anywhere.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
he just tells me to “stfu” because he loves me and needs me

He would tell you he loves you and needs you if he loves you and needs you.

End it. You are wasting time and effort on someone who isn't worth it.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes I am, we both are, that’s why we are not compatible. I have tried talking to him about it, but he just tells me to “stfu” because he loves me and needs me, so I never really get anywhere.

Sounds like he doesn't take you seriously then. It's probably best to leave him if you've tried everything possible to salvage it, because sooner or later, you'll grow to resent yourself for not leaving sooner if the problems persist for months/years later

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending