The Student Room Group

2015 AS/A2 Results Day (Thursday 13th August) | Official Thread | 3 days to go

Poll

What grades are you hoping to see on that results sheet?

:tsr:
2015 AS/A2 Results Day Official Thread

•

How are you feeling about results day?

•

Are you AS or A2?

•

Which subjects do/did you study?

•

How did your exams go?

•

What grades are you hoping to get?

•

To which uni are you hoping to go?

•

To study which subject?

•

Anything to add?

days to go

Good luck. SH0405.

Below are FAQs, a Results Day Flowchart, Guides to Results Day, TSR's Clearing & Adjustment Page, Student Performance Analysis, a Marking Timeline, this year's AQA papers, and this year's Edexcel Papers and Mark Schemes.

FAQs
[Credit to @PQ]

Results
Have mark schemes been released?
Markschemes are available to teachers. Officially, they are not meant to be released to students yet but if you search hard online, you may be able to find them. UPDATE; Edexcel Mark Schemes are available (see below).

When do grade boundaries get released?
There is no exact time for when grade boundaries are released. However, they are often released a day or so before results.

When can I collect my results from school/college?
That depends on the arrangements your school/college make - if you don't know the time then ring them up on Wednesday the 12th (there should be someone in that day) and ask.

How do I collect my results online?
Again, this depends on your exam boards and/or your school/college. If you don't know then ask them directly.

When do unis get our results?
UCAS get the results from the exam boards approximately a week before results day. They spend a day or two matching them to your applications and then send them on to universities either overnight Friday or Saturday.Universities then spend Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday MANUALLY comparing every offer to the results to decide whether applicants have met their offers or not (and if not whether they can be accepted with lower grades).

Track on Results Day
When will Track update?
Track will go live between 6 and 8am on results day. UCAS are saying 8am - it might go live earlier. It WON'T go live at midnight. At that point EVERYONE will be able to see any decisions that their universities have sent to UCAS.Just because it's live doesn't mean it will update for everyone. About 100,000 people last year didn't get a clear answer from Track first thing on Results Day - they had to collect their results and then ring up their firm/insurance unis.

My Track didn't change - is it worth hitting refresh until it does?
NO - once Track goes live again it then gets re-frozen in that state (because UCAS need to handle everyone and their dog hitting refresh constantly). Track WILL NOT CHANGE between 6am and midday. Hitting refresh just slows things down for everyone else. Give yourself some good karma - get off Track and go and buy the Telegraph(just in case), get together your contact numbers for your unis, top your phone up with credit (and charge it) and get ready to collect your results from School.

My Track didn't change! That means I failed!!!
NO - lots of people last year (and the year before) met their offer but Track hadn't updated. Universities have to MANUALLY compare every set of results with the offer conditions - even if it's a simple YES or NO for every one of those that means a lot of data input to put in to their database to send through to UCAS.If Track hasn't changed then that means that either:
a) You've met your offer and your uni knows that and hasn't got round to telling UCAS.
b) You've met your offer and your uni doesn't know that because your results got muddled up so they're waiting to talk to you to check before telling UCAS.
c) You've missed your offer but your uni wants you anyway but hasn't got round to telling UCAS.
d) You've imssed your offer but your uni want to make you an offer for a similar but less full course and haven't got round to telling UCAS.
e) You've missed your offer and your uni haven't decided yet whether they can take you or not - they might need to see how many Insurance people they have to take before they know they've got room first.
f) You've missed your offer and your firm uni doesn't want you but hasn't got round to telling UCAS.In other words - if Track hasn't changed that doesn't give ANY indication as to whether your results are good or bad. In fact in some ways it's good - of those applicants who got a definite answer on results day last year...?....some of them got a definite rejection. Being in limbo for a couple of hours is a GOOD thing compared to that.

My Firm place has confirmed me! That means I passed my A levels!!!
NO - remember - these things are decided MANUALLY....someone somewhere sits down with a pile of UCAS forms and a list of results and ticks off results against offers. If your firm has confirmed you - well done! You're in! BUT don't go into School/College expecting to see a long line of A grades. Just as a lot of unis can be slow in sending decisions to UCAS, some unis are VERY quick and will not only confirm the people who met their offers but will have confirmed a whole BUNCH of people who missed their grades.

Results Day Flow Chart
[Credit to @PQ]

Click here

Guides to Results Day

Click here (TSR)
Click here (UCAS)
Click here (The Telegraph)

Clearing & Adjustment

Click here

Student Performance Analysis

Click here

Marking Timeline
[Credit to @meloj; anterior to @emiloujess]

Click here

2015 AQA Papers
[Credit to @Mehrdad jafari]

Click here

2015 Edexcel Papers and Mark Schemes

Click here
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in She-Ra now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by SH0405
How is everyone feeling about results day?
Which subjects do you study?
Are you in year 12 or 13?
Which uni are you hoping to go to?

So many questions....

Only 75 days to go. Good luck.

I don't want to think too much , may ruin my summer :L
Reply 3
Original post by TSR Mustafa
I don't want to think too much , may ruin my summer :L

How many exams have you done?
Original post by SH0405
How many exams have you done?

5 , 2 more to go
Reply 5
Original post by TSR Mustafa
5 , 2 more to go

And I take it from your earlier post that they haven't been going well.
Original post by SH0405
And I take it from your earlier post that they haven't been going well.

Pretty well , except chem ;L.
Reply 7
Original post by SH0405
How is everyone feeling about results day?
Which subjects do you study?
Are you in year 12 or 13?
Which uni are you hoping to go to?

So many questions....

Only 75 days to go. Good luck.

I finished my AS exams on the 11th. I think they mostly went well. I do all wjec exams. Religion was easy for both papers. Paper 1, Physical geog was ok but paper 2, human geog mmmm. Paper 3, Human geology was great but paper 1, physical geol was arghhhhhhh. I had 47/60 for paper 2 assignment so im hoping that will help my grade as the boundary is lower on that paper so that should be an A. So far i have a distinction in btec welshbacc that we have to do in wales, easy but boring and lots of crap work to do in it!
Reply 8
Quite excited for the fun we'll have on TSR for this. :danceboy:
Terrified!! I know I have not done as well as I hoped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by mjrd
I finished my AS exams on the 11th. I think they mostly went well. I do all wjec exams. Religion was easy for both papers. Paper 1, Physical geog was ok but paper 2, human geog mmmm. Paper 3, Human geology was great but paper 1, physical geol was arghhhhhhh. I had 47/60 for paper 2 assignment so im hoping that will help my grade as the boundary is lower on that paper so that should be an A. So far i have a distinction in btec welshbacc that we have to do in wales, easy but boring and lots of crap work to do in it!

Talk about mixed emotions. :wink:
Reply 11
Original post by Ben4
Terrified!! I know I have not done as well as I hoped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh really? Are you year 12 or 13?
Reply 12
Anyone know how to change the title of a thread?
Reply 13
Original post by 8472
Quite excited for the fun we'll have on TSR for this. :danceboy:

Do you know how I can change the name of the thread?
Reply 14
Original post by SH0405
Do you know how I can change the name of the thread?

Right click the edit button-> Open in new tab. You'll then be able to edit the title on the new tab. :h:

If not just use this link: *clicky clicky*
Reply 15
LOL this thread is out already...steady on I haven't even started my exams yet :tongue:
Reply 16
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
LOL this thread is out already...steady on I haven't even started my exams yet :tongue:

Which subjects do you do?
Reply 17
Original post by SH0405
Which subjects do you do?

A2 English lit+lan, Spanish, Politics, and Psychology. Wbu? :smile:
Reply 18
WHAT THE ***** dude why you starting the countdown down now, my holidays not even started and you lot stressing me with this countdown ffs
Reply 19
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
A2 English lit+lan, Spanish, Politics, and Psychology. Wbu? :smile:

Maths, Further Maths and Physics.

Latest