The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RonnieRJ
Oh right! I'm sorry you didn't like them I personally loved them :frown: but glad you found something you enjoy now! But actually if you got high UMS I'm sure you could go for Cambridge as they don't look at GCSEs as much as Oxford does!

I'm glad you enjoyed them :biggrin: Yeah my subjects suit me much better now :smile: I'm not even going to try for Oxbridge because it's very unlikely I'll get all A's at all let alone high UMS as well :frown: at the moment I'm aiming for Keele, which is BBB for my course so I think that's achieveable!
the tsr countdown clock is making me panic :frown:
Constructing a list of back up courses in case I've missed my grades and have to go through clearing is the only thing keeping me calm at the moment :colondollar:
Original post by thatitootoo
Fair enough! Sounds like Politics is the perfect course for you then :smile: I believe I'll have to study a bit of politics as a part of the cultural side of my German degree :woo: Have you started on your UCAS Personal Statement yet? I remember being quite frightened of that damn thing at first...:lol:

Unfortunately, no I haven't. It's quite annoying actually because I already had a drafted one for Psychology and now I'm going to have to start again! :unimpressed: My plan is to ask my Sociology teacher for help when (if?) I go back to college to read over a draft that I'll do when I get my results. I'm just lucky I decided to be a student rep at my college tbh :smile: I'm also waiting back on a phone call since the only experience I could find this late was to help a specific party with their campaign. Sorry if you've already put this somewhere... what's your firm uni?
Original post by cupcakes87

I've just seen that as well, not the best thing to appear on the site I agree :frown:
Original post by emiloujess
I'm glad you enjoyed them :biggrin: Yeah my subjects suit me much better now :smile: I'm not even going to try for Oxbridge because it's very unlikely I'll get all A's at all let alone high UMS as well :frown: at the moment I'm aiming for Keele, which is BBB for my course so I think that's achieveable!

Aw I'm sure we're probably both underestimating ourselves! But yeah Keele sounds quite good tbh and the entry requirements would put me at ease. You're lucky to have a course where there is a range of different entry requirements for different unis, mines usually A*AA everywhere :/ well other than chester which is like BBC so that's my backup!
Unfortunately, no I haven't. It's quite annoying actually because I already had a drafted one for Psychology and now I'm going to have to start again! :unimpressed: My plan is to ask my Sociology teacher for help when (if?) I go back to college to read over a draft that I'll do when I get my results. I'm just lucky I decided to be a student rep at my college tbh :smile: I'm also waiting back on a phone call since the only experience I could find this late was to help a specific party with their campaign. Sorry if you've already put this somewhere... what's your firm uni?

Well you seem very pro-active - I'm sure your PS will turn out great :biggrin:
It was Sheffield, (Aston was my insurance) but it turns out I can't go to uni as a 'home student' this year :mad:
Original post by cupcakes87

Right! Especially since it has hours and minutes and seconds too :frown:
Original post by Mitzy09
What course? & what's your firm & insurance?
I feel the same :'(

UCL and Warwick for comp sci. Had a really bad module and idk if I can get either lol
Aw I'm sure we're probably both underestimating ourselves! But yeah Keele sounds quite good tbh and the entry requirements would put me at ease. You're lucky to have a course where there is a range of different entry requirements for different unis, mines usually A*AA everywhere :/ well other than chester which is like BBC so that's my backup!

Hopefully I actually get the grades this year :tongue: Yes, that does sound quite unfortunate. Have you been to see Chester?

Well you seem very pro-active - I'm sure your PS will turn out great :biggrin:
It was Sheffield, (Aston was my insurance) but it turns out I can't go to uni as a 'home student' this year :mad:

That's annoying :frown: Are you going to reapply for the same course/unis next year?
Besides working silly hours this holiday I've been watching comedy films in between shifts as that's my favourite genre.

Any recommendations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Besides working silly hours this holiday I've been watching comedy films in between shifts as that's my favourite genre.

Any recommendations?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Paul
We're the fockers (or is it meet the fockers, idk, funny though)
Due Date
21 Jump Street (22 is okay)
Just go with it
Grown Ups
Not watched the Hangovers but supposed to be very good

Modern family as a series, as well as House

Urmmm... Can't remember what others rn

Tomorrow the 4am runs start once more
Original post by CD223

Any recommendations?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Other Guys, love that film.
Hopefully I actually get the grades this year :tongue: Yes, that does sound quite unfortunate. Have you been to see Chester?

That's annoying :frown: Are you going to reapply for the same course/unis next year?

That's the plan :yep: And this would also mean that I'd get unconditionals (well, depending on how I've done this year^^)
That's the plan :yep: And this would also mean that I'd get unconditionals (well, depending on how I've done this year^^)

That sounds a better option than the agonising wait then frantically checking Track at 7am like I'll hopefully be doing next year! :afraid:

I haven't actually but I don't mind what it's like as long as I get into a uni haha :smile: surroundings wouldn't bother me as long as I'm doing what I want to do :biggrin:
That sounds a better option than the agonising wait then frantically checking Track at 7am like I'll hopefully be doing next year! :afraid:

Indeed! :colone: xP
My results got released last year at about 5 45 am so hoping for the same this yr! Felt so good getting the grades I wanted last year and cant help but feel as if I've left myself down this year:erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jesus, how large are these poll samples normally? I thought it would close after 1000 voters :redface:
I haven't actually but I don't mind what it's like as long as I get into a uni haha :smile: surroundings wouldn't bother me as long as I'm doing what I want to do :biggrin:

Oh, ok :smile: For me the surroundings are very important as I don't like big cities. I feel more at peace when I'm surrounded by countryside so being near a field/forest would be ideal for me, which is why I like Keele so much :biggrin:

Latest