The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dalek1099
It wasn't that bad I thought it was strange but realised that the numbers didn't really matter and just drew the curve a bit lower and not falling as steeply(I didn't do it down the bottom as it would be too hard to make out).For Physics, the graphs aren't really accurate like Maths so it won't be that big of a deal just one mark for lower and another for not as steep, potentially the numbers could have been anything.

It should be written off because the information given put myself and thousands of others off from answering the question for ages (if at all), causing them undue panic when going on to complete the rest of the paper. The question wasn't answerable, unless you literally drew a horizontal line at 0A according to the scale of the graph, as one graph was 1/2000 of the other - this was illogical as an answer. Given the confusion it caused there was no need to mark it in the way they chose to, because it doesn't account for the time spent on a question that was the fault of the board.

When we answer a question incorrectly, we're docked marks. So why don't the exam board dock the marks itself for phrasing it incorrectly?
Come ooooooooooooooooooooooooon. :banghead:
Original post by SH0405
It's because a candidates are able, using the unofficial mark schemes that appear on TSR, to estimate the number of marks that they've achieved in a given paper. Thus, it becomes a quasi-results-day.

I haven't even looked at the mark schemes, aha :smile: I just want to know if everyone found the exam hard, because apparently for sociology the hardest topic came up in both papers (it was actually my favourite topic, no-one else likes it)
Original post by Emily.97
Come ooooooooooooooooooooooooon. :banghead:

That's exactly how I'm feeling... at least it's getting closer!
Original post by emiloujess
That's exactly how I'm feeling... at least it's getting closer!

It feels like the day is getting further and further away, arrrrrrgh.
It feels like the day is getting further and further away, arrrrrrgh.

Oh... just keep as busy as you can (says the person who spends all day on her computer so I'm a bit of a hypocrite really, aha). Are you AS or A2? What subjects are you doing?
Oh... just keep as busy as you can (says the person who spends all day on her computer so I'm a bit of a hypocrite really, aha). Are you AS or A2? What subjects are you doing?

My idea of busy is doing stuff at home, which does often result in procrastination. I don't really have anywhere to go, so it's difficult for me.
I'm an A2 student- I'm studying Psychology, History and English literature.
What about you?
My idea of busy is doing stuff at home, which does often result in procrastination. I don't really have anywhere to go, so it's difficult for me.
I'm an A2 student- I'm studying Psychology, History and English literature.
What about you?

Yeah, same really. I have an hour of complete panic then I'm completely fine! I'm just hovering around TSR most of the day and TV, aha :smile: I volunteer for a charity shop but they apparently don't need me this summer! I've just finished AS, studying Psychology, Sociology and Film Studies :biggrin: Have you got any plans for uni this year?
Yeah, same really. I have an hour of complete panic then I'm completely fine! I'm just hovering around TSR most of the day and TV, aha :smile: I volunteer for a charity shop but they apparently don't need me this summer! I've just finished AS, studying Psychology, Sociology and Film Studies :biggrin: Have you got any plans for uni this year?

Haha, I see!
I'm intending to study Psychology at Birmingham. What about you?
Original post by rkhan34
I think I failed maths....

You are not the only one. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, I see!
I'm intending to study Psychology at Birmingham. What about you?

Birmingham is a nice place... if you like cities, which I don't :smile: I'm hoping to apply for Politics and International Relations at Keele or International Politics and Intelligence Studies at Aberystwyth :biggrin:
Anyone found any WJEC stuff yet?
Original post by xxvine
I dont know why people care so much about grade boundaries....for me knowing them beforehand makes things worse

Because some Universities eg Cambridge are very competitive and effectively (unofficially) have a UMS quota, so 1 or 2 UMS can make a massive difference.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Anyone found any WJEC stuff yet?

Nope... WJEC are apparently keeping everything close to their chest. I think grade boundaries are coming out the day before...
Original post by Cadherin

Yes, if the boundaries were really really low that may save my 90+ average - hardest ISAs on record this year surely?

Mechanics ISA was said to be hardest ever but emf one on the other hand was simple experiment with only two columns lol I did worse in emf because I didn't understand the topic back then:ahee:
Boundaries are shared between the two ISAs so I don't think it would drop that much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lau14
Yes! I really hope there's another series, can't wait for the finale either though

I was hoping tor another series but i think this story has been so intense and thought-provoking, im not sure what else they could do. :frown:
OCR further maths stuff?
I had a dream last night that all the grade boundaries had been released:frown:
Original post by LaurenCocking
I had a dream last night that all the grade boundaries had been released:frown:

I kinda wish they had tbh...
I had a dream last night that on Results Day, Track didn't go live, and we were all left waiting for 7 more days for them to fix it. :P

Latest