The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD223
You're not butting in! Whereabouts in Hampshire if you don't mind me asking? :smile: (PM if you'd like :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Near Southampton. How's about you?
Original post by victoria98
Physics killed me. I spent most of my time on it... I can't wait to drop it soon. Medicine! Nice. I want to do chemistry. What uni are you hoping for? I imagine you need to take the UKCAT soon?

I'll be dropping it this year too. Really didn't enjoy it last year, but hopefully the work pays off and I get a good grade. My first choice will be Manchester, my whole family went to that freaking university, I'd be like a freaking stain if I can't get in :-)

Yup, UKCAT later this month, studying mad for it, hopefully the AS level results will give me a bit of confidence

Spoiler

Original post by Kill3er
Our school never does newsletters or press.

Oh I see
Time has not slowed down, it has rather been very quick.
Hampshire buddies!!! (Sorry I got excited :smile: )
Original post by taikibansei
Ah, definitely! Those are really easy to get yourself sucked into and so lose an hour or a few. I haven't really had the opportunity in recent days though, unfortunately. :frown: Have you gotten to read anything good lately? :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, you do get distracted from trivialities but the feeling can last for a long time though :h:. Oh, that's annoying :frown:. I have been suggested a book but I haven't started reading it yet but will do soon :tongue:. Besides, there are two other books I need to read them before I do anything else but I will leave them until after August. How about you? :smile:
Original post by bbyturtlexox
how comes someone else here has an A*AA Exeter offer then? &what board are you for Chem?

Exeter gives contextual offers of AAA - I also have an AAA offer from them which I've put as my insurance :smile:
Original post by CD223
Hampshire :smile: Ahahah 25%, not too shabby :wink:

We also have uniform allowance - up to £75 60% off 😎

In all seriousness though, it'd be cool to transfer to the Bath store when I go to uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is a lot!! I want to work at Burtons now damn it

I'm coming to visit :tongue: if you transfer to Bath though, I'm serious about visiting for a discount if you say yes :puppyeyes:

Wow. I mean fair enough if they lose them theres not much to do about that. But the exam boards shouldn't lose them, the results affect the rest of peoples lives.

Then again, this may not be completely detrimental. Say I have 3 exams and perform amazing in 2 of them (A grade) but the other just kills me and the board loses that worst paper, theres a high change I'd get a reasonable grade because of the other two exams.
Plus, it doesn't help that I know some of my marks from the official markschemes that were released online.
Original post by nwaigbonnamdi
I don't mean positivity I'm regards to having hope, I mean positivity in regards to not worrying and knowing that there's really nothing you can do than wait.

Oh, cool :smile:. yeah that is it really. I would rather think what do to change the future than worrying for results day ( Well. that's because I'm not going to uni :tongue:). Though if you are holding an offer then worrying is quite a normal thing because its about going somewhere where you meet people of similar interests, you don't want to miss that really :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Fanta4TheBanter
Near Southampton. How's about you?

I forgot how big Hampshire was haha! I'm near Guildford :smile:

Original post by FudgeMonkey97
Hampshire buddies!!! (Sorry I got excited :smile: )

Woo! Where are you from buddy? :smile:

Original post by L'Evil Fish
That is a lot!! I want to work at Burtons now damn it

I'm coming to visit :tongue: if you transfer to Bath though, I'm serious about visiting for a discount if you say yes :puppyeyes:

Hahahah. I do like my job I must say. If the transfer pulls off then sure :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
straight A's :frown: how about you

I really hope so! it's so close yet so far away

firm UCL A*AA
insurance Barts AAA
yeah my UMS from last year means it's unlikely I'll get B's so I'm okay with getting into barts but I only want UCL:frown:

I'm sure you've done fine! Best of luck to you :smile:
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow quite a way away!
Original post by CD223

Woo! Where are you from buddy? :smile:

Hahahah. I do like my job I must say. If the transfer pulls off then sure :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sweet. Can do my clothes shopping at Bath

I wish I got a job during college... But I have nothing to put on a CV work related :/
looking for someone to chat with to put me at ease a bit about AS results, haha!
straight A's :frown: how about you

I wish I was you! Did you have high UMSs last year? I'm expecting to get AAB I think
Original post by Clubba
Exeter gives contextual offers of AAA - I also have an AAA offer from them which I've put as my insurance :smile:

oh wish I applied now. I picked my unis on the deadline lmao
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
Yeah, you do get distracted from trivialities but the feeling can last for a long time though :h:. Oh, that's annoying :frown:. I have been suggested a book but I haven't started reading it yet but will do soon :tongue:. Besides, there are two other books I need to read them before I do anything else but I will leave them until after August. How about you? :smile:

Yay! What books are those? I hope you enjoy them! Are they academic books? I think I remember you saying you'd go back to reading things like that after August. :h:

Right now, I'm about halfway through Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (rereading the series!) and A Fault in Our Stars then I intend to start Le château de ma mère after those to throw myself back into the deep end with French. I've been on them all for a while now though :s
Original post by georgia98x
looking for someone to chat with to put me at ease a bit about AS results, haha!

How many results are you expecting??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest