The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've moved to Australia and have nothing to do but think about how badly I ****ed up my last (two?) exams :moon:
The worst part of waiting is everyone telling me "You found the papers hard but I'm sure everyone else would have found them hard so you've nothing to worry about!" when I made SO MANY mistakes in BIOL5 and everyone in my Biology class came out of the exam saying they reckon they all got 90+% so...

4 weeks and 4 days to go...
Reply 982
My main problem each year is that I can only really remember the things I know I got wrong or the things that I know didn't go so well. So I have a whole month-and-a-day of worrying about those, when I actually can't remember what went well.
Original post by Piledriver
Wow! That's the earliest I've heard of! Yeah, colleges set their own times most tend to be around 9am but others publish them earlier online, I get mine at 6am :smile:

I'm certainly having an all nighter! 😂
Reply 984
Grade boundaries are month today lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Once boundaries are released, I will be busy counting how many marks I had lost once again, and get no sleep for the actual results day :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Couldn't care less about them if I'm honest, just want to see my UCAS Track update.
Original post by SuperSah
Couldn't care less about them if I'm honest, just want to see my UCAS Track update.

Same here. I won't sleep that night, I'll just be sitting by my laptop waiting for Track to go live. It's the first thing I'll be doing when I wake up.
It's just that I'm fairly certain I've missed my offer. I'm fairly confident I got 2 A's or so, but my third subject wasn't great last year and I'd need to get ridiculously high grades this year to pull it up to the A I need. :frown:
If I did get AAB though, it does mean I'm well into my insurance... But, obviously, there's a reason that uni is my insurance.
Does anyone reckon it might be worthwhile pleading my case to my firm of I get AAB? There were mitigating circumstances for my AS grade, that the unis aren't aware of. Or, should I only phone up if it's still undecided, not outright rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LumosNox
Same here. I won't sleep that night, I'll just be sitting by my laptop waiting for Track to go live. It's the first thing I'll be doing when I wake up.
It's just that I'm fairly certain I've missed my offer. I'm fairly confident I got 2 A's or so, but my third subject wasn't great last year and I'd need to get ridiculously high grades this year to pull it up to the A I need. :frown:
If I did get AAB though, it does mean I'm well into my insurance... But, obviously, there's a reason that uni is my insurance.
Does anyone reckon it might be worthwhile pleading my case to my firm of I get AAB? There were mitigating circumstances for my AS grade, that the unis aren't aware of. Or, should I only phone up if it's still undecided, not outright rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A lot of Unis will take those who drop only a grade or so. You should be okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Track wont go live until 7.30am. There's no point refreshing it all night.

And for 1/8 of applicants it wont update. Not because of their results but because their unis have been slow.

As for pleading. Unless you have new info (I was 1 ums from the grade boundary and I'm getting a priority remark) then it's a waste of time. Unis have had your results for days. If they can't fit you in or consider you a high risk of failure then you'll be rejected.

See below for when you should call (and in this case it is to find out if they have made a decision and if now when they expect to decide- not about influencing that decision)

results day flowchart

Original post by PQ
Track wont go live until 7.30am. There's no point refreshing it all night.

And for 1/8 of applicants it wont update. Not because of their results but because their unis have been slow.

As for pleading. Unless you have new info (I was 1 ums from the grade boundary and I'm getting a priority remark) then it's a waste of time. Unis have had your results for days. If they can't fit you in or consider you a high risk of failure then you'll be rejected.

See below for when you should call (and in this case it is to find out if they have made a decision and if now when they expect to decide- not about influencing that decision)

results day flowchart

Thanks. I wasn't planning on hitting refresh all night. I'll probably be awake, lurking on this thread, waiting for it to go live.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 991
Original post by SuperSah
Relax. I began work this week and it's taken a huge weight off my shoulders, no longer thinking about results day as much as I was before, though I still am, admittedly. :tongue:

At least you have work to take your mind off it a bit :smile: good luck on the day! :smile:
Reply 992
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
they say morning dreams come true :wink::tongue:

nooooooooo! :afraid:
Original post by emiloujess
Yep, I've had lots of anxiety dreams about getting U's :'(

It's horrible, right? :/
I'm pretty calm because I study btec sports and citizenship
I hope I get DDM or DDD then in citizenship C
I'm in yr 12
I hope to go to the university of bath or Exeter to study sport and exercise science
My exam was okay I did it for one subject
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by _Caz_

just relax and enjoy your summer, exams are over. You may think its easier said than done but you should focus on other exciting things like going camping with your mates, start driving or something adventurous.

Time does fly when you're having fun :tongue:
Thanks. I wasn't planning on hitting refresh all night. I'll probably be awake, lurking on this thread, waiting for it to go live.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You lot need to decide on some films for a watchalong. One year this thread had a Harry Potter film marathon overnight.

Needs to be something familiar so it's not going to keep you awake but also diverting and preferably something that improves if you watch the films close together. LOTR, terminator, star wars, star trek....
Reply 996
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
just relax and enjoy your summer, exams are over. You may think its easier said than done but you should focus on other exciting things like going camping with your mates, start driving or something adventurous.

Time does fly when you're having fun :tongue:

unfortunately I moved house two weeks ago 200miles away from where I used to live so friends are a bit out of the question :frown: Been walking a lot though which has been nice and relaxing :smile:
Original post by _Caz_

Yup :frown: I have them nearly every night now. I dread to think what kinda dreams I'll have nearer the dreaded 13th. *cries*
Original post by PQ
You lot need to decide on some films for a watchalong. One year this thread had a Harry Potter film marathon overnight.

Needs to be something familiar so it's not going to keep you awake but also diverting and preferably something that improves if you watch the films close together. LOTR, terminator, star wars, star trek....

I think that was 3 years ago, I remember being in Year 10 just waiting for one module :lol: not even a whole AS

I just went to sleep though, but it was the Harry Potter year

I recommend watching season one of sense8 if anyone wants to stay up
Reply 999
Original post by emiloujess
Yup :frown: I have them nearly every night now. I dread to think what kinda dreams I'll have nearer the dreaded 13th. *cries*

Ikr! At least it's not Friday the 13th haha!

Latest