The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mehrdad jafari
Oh, really? That sounds reasonable. I've actually decided to go to my previous centre to see one of my teachers who in fact turned out to be one of my best teachers I've ever had and I might as well check out if I also get my AS results at that centre.

I have heard that we don't see our A2 results but only our overall results but I really don't know how true that is. But I was wondering if you received one or two separate results sheet with all your results on it when collecting your results.

That sounds lovely! At least you'll get a nice meeting regardless of whether you can receive your results there. :smile:

Yes, I've heard that too. As far as I know, the results sheet only say your overall grade and then the modules you've taken this year, but like you I'm not 100% on how it works. It's so confusing!
Original post by Dalek1099
Since your dad's girlfriend lives with your dad they should be sharing incomes and working together to support you(thats how relationships works, thats why married people divorce incomes are usually split down the middle), you are financially dependent on your parents and partners to support you.

Since your dad's girlfriend's income is counted towards your student finance application, then yes she does have a moral responsibility to support you(your partners do hold responsibility to support your children if you live with them I would say and lots of others would agree)- your dad should dump his girlfriend if she doesn't help and then change the student finance application.Why would you want a partner that isn't committed to helping your children?How much do your dad and girlfriend earn?

In what world should getting into a relationship make you have to decide to pour thousands of pounds into your partner's children's education?

You seem to have a very odd view of relationships if you think commitment in a relationship breaks down on the grounds that someone should or shouldn't gift someone's children (who has no biological relationship with them) thousands of pounds to give them an education they chose to have themselves.

You should think before you speak on this site. You've no idea about other people's predicaments so to speak so strongly and controversially about others' lives and families is not on, especially when you start to question a person's love for someone purely on the grounds of their own finances. It's absurd.

Best of luck on getting where you want to in life, but I'm afraid this conversation ends here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ekk123
I did A2 AQA French. How did you find the paper? I personally found it harder than most of the past papers :/

Me too, I found the past papers quite reasonable but this years was really quite difficult. I felt like there were quite a few moments where they tried to catch us out, and it's weird how they changed the format of a lot of the questions too; it was quite jarring when I'm used to the previous questions! I'm hoping for lower grade boundaries as a result, I've heard quite a lot of other people found it difficult.

On the other hand though, I did really like the essay questions! What cultural topics did you study? My class did an author (Marcel Pagnol; we read Jean de Florette) and a director (Francois Truffaut). I really loved A2 year, it's a shame it ended on a nasty paper. I'm really hoping it didn't mess up my chances of a B. :s-smilie:
For A2 results do we find out our individual module results as well as the overall grade, or just the overall grade?
Original post by JESS6789
For A2 results do we find out our individual module results as well as the overall grade, or just the overall grade?

You should get the overall grade with UMS and every individual module grade with UMS
Original post by taikibansei
Me too, I found the past papers quite reasonable but this years was really quite difficult. I felt like there were quite a few moments where they tried to catch us out, and it's weird how they changed the format of a lot of the questions too; it was quite jarring when I'm used to the previous questions! I'm hoping for lower grade boundaries as a result, I've heard quite a lot of other people found it difficult.

On the other hand though, I did really like the essay questions! What cultural topics did you study? My class did an author (Marcel Pagnol; we read Jean de Florette) and a director (Francois Truffaut). I really loved A2 year, it's a shame it ended on a nasty paper. I'm really hoping it didn't mess up my chances of a B. :s-smilie:

Did you do Edexcel French?? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Muhaha_6
Did you do Edexcel French?? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did AQA, sorry!

So glad im not the only one! The listening format was weird and I messed up the reading section, mostly stupid mistakesI did "un sac de billes" for my essay question which was okay i think :smile: how did your speaking exam go?
That sounds lovely! At least you'll get a nice meeting regardless of whether you can receive your results there. :smile:

Yes, I've heard that too. As far as I know, the results sheet only say your overall grade and then the modules you've taken this year, but like you I'm not 100% on how it works. It's so confusing!

Yeah, that is it really. Hopefully we can see the breakdown of all units. Thanks for your suggestions anyway :smile:
Original post by ekk123
So glad im not the only one! The listening format was weird and I messed up the reading section, mostly stupid mistakesI did "un sac de billes" for my essay question which was okay i think :smile: how did your speaking exam go?

I agree! The first question was especially bizarre, I had no idea what I was doing for a short while. The AS paper had similar changes though, so they've possibly done it to all the MFL papers. It's bizarre, but hopefully it has a positive effect and they're not just bullying us!
I've heard a lot of people have done Un Sac de Billes! I'm sure you've done well. I chose to do the director question because I felt I could write better about that, but the author questions were really pleasant too! I suppose it made up for the mess that was the rest of the paper. :tongue:

I think my speaking exam was okay... I was really disappointed because I revised really hard for it and am usually pretty good at improvising when it comes to oral French, but for some reason I started panicking a lot and made some really crass mistakes. I cried when I came out of it, but I feel a bit better about it now the original panic has subsided, haha. How did yours go? :smile:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
You should get the overall grade with UMS and every individual module grade with UMS

do you also think we would get the UMS of AS resits even when the AS units are from a different exam board?
I did AQA, sorry!

Ooh okay, no don't worry!

I did A2 french (Edexcel) and I wrote about Marcel Pagnol in my essay :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Muhaha_6
Ooh okay, no don't worry!

I did A2 french (Edexcel) and I wrote about Marcel Pagnol in my essay :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yay! I was beginning to think that we were the only class that had studied him, I hadn't seen anyone else. What did you think of him? I thought Jean de Florette was a lovely book, and I think his prose style is really nice.
I agree! The first question was especially bizarre, I had no idea what I was doing for a short while. The AS paper had similar changes though, so they've possibly done it to all the MFL papers. It's bizarre, but hopefully it has a positive effect and they're not just bullying us!
I've heard a lot of people have done Un Sac de Billes! I'm sure you've done well. I chose to do the director question because I felt I could write better about that, but the author questions were really pleasant too! I suppose it made up for the mess that was the rest of the paper. :tongue:

I think my speaking exam was okay... I was really disappointed because I revised really hard for it and am usually pretty good at improvising when it comes to oral French, but for some reason I started panicking a lot and made some really crass mistakes. I cried when I came out of it, but I feel a bit better about it now the original panic has subsided, haha. How did yours go? :smile:

I know! I felt more disappointed with the written paper than the speaking tbh but i always make silly mistakes on the speaking as i get sooo nervous and rush into the answer. How did people find the french exams at your school?
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
do you also think we would get the UMS of AS resits even when the AS units are from a different exam board?

I don't see why not - pretty sure you should get the UMS results for any AS/A2 exam you took (well in the latest exam period to be pedantic).
Original post by ekk123
I know! I felt more disappointed with the written paper than the speaking tbh but i always make silly mistakes on the speaking as i get sooo nervous and rush into the answer. How did people find the french exams at your school?

I guess that's easily done though! Hopefully they allow for silly mistakes a little bit; it's a pretty nervous atmosphere and not even native speakers of any language usually have perfect grammar every time they speak. :redface: Maybe I'm just being too hopeful though! I'm sure you've done fine, and I hope you receive results you're happy with!

The people at my school felt the same; like it was a lot harder than the past papers, and the new question formats were weird. How about the people at your school? Hopefully the feeling is really consistent so we get some nice low grade boundaries. :tongue:
I guess that's easily done though! Hopefully they allow for silly mistakes a little bit; it's a pretty nervous atmosphere and not even native speakers of any language usually have perfect grammar every time they speak. :redface: Maybe I'm just being too hopeful though! I'm sure you've done fine, and I hope you receive results you're happy with!

The people at my school felt the same; like it was a lot harder than the past papers, and the new question formats were weird. How about the people at your school? Hopefully the feeling is really consistent so we get some nice low grade boundaries. :tongue:

Aww thanks, you too. Im sure weve done better than we think. And everyone ive spoken to thought the same so hopefully thay means low boundaries! They were so high last year (could drop 9 marks for an a*!?!?) But it was an easier paper i guess :smile:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I don't see why not - pretty sure you should get the UMS results for any AS/A2 exam you took (well in the latest exam period to be pedantic).

Cool, thanks
Original post by ekk123
Aww thanks, you too. Im sure weve done better than we think. And everyone ive spoken to thought the same so hopefully thay means low boundaries! They were so high last year (could drop 9 marks for an a*!?!?) But it was an easier paper i guess :smile:

Yeah, grade boundaries have always been quite ridiculously high for French! Hopefully by making the exams harder they're hoping to significantly lower them? Who knows what they think!
Keep checking this everyday have no idea why😂 excited but nervous obviously. 🌌

Latest