The Student Room Group

I have a criminal record, ask me anything:)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mattcar904
Unemployed, looking for bar work now, got few interviews.

best of luck i've always wondered how difficult it would be to gain employment.

Many with criminal evictions turn to self employment and actually do quite well, have you thought about it?
Reply 61
Original post by Bill_Gates
best of luck i've always wondered how difficult it would be to gain employment.

Many with criminal evictions turn to self employment and actually do quite well, have you thought about it?

I was self-employed but not due to a criminal record. I hated it was working 80hrs per week, even though I made great money it was a massive blow to my work-life balance, rather do my crappy paid job whilst in education. From people I know from prison, they are either still in the game or working in retail.

Posted from TSR Mobile
did ya twerk like miley cyrus
Original post by T.I.P
I was self-employed but not due to a criminal record. I hated it was working 80hrs per week, even though I made great money it was a massive blow to my work-life balance, rather do my crappy paid job whilst in education. From people I know from prison, they are either still in the game or working in retail.

Posted from TSR Mobile

how much were you making? and why did you give it up? screw work life balance, you need to get yourself up the social ladder.
Reply 64
how much were you making? and why did you give it up? screw work life balance, you need to get yourself up the social ladder.

I have a child so child>>>>>money

As long as I make enough to pay for my child etc Im pretty happy. I'm currently working towards becomimg a Network Engineer but would like to go as far as I can within IT. When you growup you will realise social status and materialistic things come second to family.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by T.I.P

As long as I make enough to pay for my child etc Im pretty happy. I'm currently working towards becomimg a Network Engineer but would like to go as far as I can within IT. When you growup you will realise social status and materialistic things come second to family.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow,I never knew you were a family.man.What would be your message for those who think life is all about material wealth?
Original post by T.I.P

Posted from TSR Mobile

family wants social status and materialistic items, you will realize that once your kid grows up. Think you should of given self employment a fair shot, if you made more money.
Reply 67
Original post by kandykissesxox
This has nothing to do with my emotions, you're speculating against a race.

Reply 68
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow,I never knew you were a family.man.What would be your message for those who think life is all about material wealth?

It's hard to break these people away from their bot-like thinking tbh and more effort than it's worth, these people usually feel as though money will solve all their problems anf fill the empty void in their lives. My son likes when I go to his kids taekwondo classes but sometimes I have to work so dont make it, but when I do turnup his face lightsup and he looks like he couldnt be happier.. little things like that are priceless. Small things like bathing him, reading him a story, taking him to nursery makes me happier than having made 300 quid in a 10hr shift.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you still get drunk and rant like that at times?
Reply 70
family wants social status and materialistic items, you will realize that once your kid grows up. Think you should of given self employment a fair shot, if you made more money.

Whilst I respect your opinion, I would disagree due to actually having experience in what I'm talking about. I have to ask this, how old are you and what do you do for employment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by whorace

Lovely
Original post by T.I.P
Whilst I respect your opinion, I would disagree due to actually having experience in what I'm talking about. I have to ask this, how old are you and what do you do for employment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i have experience of it. As much as being there for a child is great, leading by example is better. Improving living standards and providing the best opportunity is the way forward, they will thank you for it later.

Employment - age 17 started a business, in the process of selling it now many years later i have a degree and a masters alongside, i invested in property too. Not sure what type of "employment" i shall be looking at, most likely i will start another business/partnership.
I have a criminal record, ask me anything:smile:

I hope you kicked their heads in lol

Viva criminals lets all go to jail and have a party :tongue:
Reply 74
Lol you ****** up
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 75
i have experience of it. As much as being there for a child is great, leading by example is better. Improving living standards and providing the best opportunity is the way forward, they will thank you for it later.

Employment - age 17 started a business, in the process of selling it now many years later i have a degree and a masters alongside, i invested in property too. Not sure what type of "employment" i shall be looking at, most likely i will start another business/partnership.

17 with a masters and a degree? So you started uni at what age? leading by example is important but I dont think working 80hrs a week and not seeing your child is a good example, like I said you need a good work-life balance, I dont want my kid growing up saying I was never around and missed important events of his life. You may understand when/if you have kids, I'd advise you personally dont though.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by T.I.P
17 with a masters and a degree? So you started uni at what age? leading by example is important but I dont think working 80hrs a week and not seeing your child is a good example, like I said you need a good work-life balance, I dont want my kid growing up saying I was never around and missed important events of his life. You may understand when/if you have kids, I'd advise you personally dont though.
Posted from TSR Mobile

i've got those degrees now brah, obviously i am older brah. 80 hours is really not a lot spread over 7 days. Providing for your child is the up most responsibility of the man.
Original post by confusinggenes
are you black?

*sigh* of course he can't be black, he said he was racist towards a police officer, remember black people are immune from being racist:h::h:
Science

Wtf is "Science". There's no course at any university called science. What did you study ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by confusinggenes

it is reasonable to assume that op is black

Lol did you pull up an American chart? Just...a random chart?

And read the labels, dickhead, it says along the sides there "Percentage." If you do the math you'll see that the white population, which just looking at the chart alone, is much higher than the black population, and 35% of all those white people are in prison.

The chart says 35% of 40 million white people go to prison, which is around 14 million white people in prison.

47% of 13 million black people is already far less, since the amount of black people

isn't even as much as the amount of incarcerated white people!!

Knob hat.

Quick Reply

Latest