The Student Room Group

DBS important notice

I am waiting for the enhanced dbs certificate by post. All steps are completed, However at the bottom it says 'IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please wait for the Certificate before making a recruitment, employment or licensing decision regarding this applicant'.
Never been in trouble of any sort, so panicking because online many sites say there will be something mentioned I am unaware of on my certificate.
Has anyone had this message but received a clear certificate?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
a dbs check does not involve contactin God to ask what mischief you've been up to. the notice is standard and you will be fine. dbs exists to help company employing people in sensitive positions determine they're hiring someone clean, so obviously they state that not to make any decisions prior to the check
Reply 2
Original post by HoldThisL
a dbs check does not involve contactin God to ask what mischief you've been up to. the notice is standard and you will be fine. dbs exists to help company employing people in sensitive positions determine they're hiring someone clean, so obviously they state that not to make any decisions prior to the check

Some relief because I've never been up to mischievous, however, online all dbs websites say there would be something on the certificate if this message is there and has to be viewed by the employer, opposed to a clear certificate.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please wait for the Certificate before making a recruitment, employment or licensing decision regarding this applicant'.Never been in trouble of any sort, so panicking because online many sites say there will be something mentioned I am unaware of on my certificate.

I am really panicking because as far as I am aware have never been in trouble with the law . And Google said it means I have a criminal record.
Why are you applying for the certificate? It's for the employers to do this if they believe it to be relevant. Once you have one though it makes sense to go on the auto-renewal programme otherwise it's a massive PITA if you want to change jobs
Reply 5
Original post by SomeonesDad
Why are you applying for the certificate? It's for the employers to do this if they believe it to be relevant. Once you have one though it makes sense to go on the auto-renewal programme otherwise it's a massive PITA if you want to change jobs

Have you recieved anything back yet? I have this message also and it’s taking ages for it to come back
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous99A
I am waiting for the enhanced dbs certificate by post. All steps are completed, However at the bottom it says 'IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please wait for the Certificate before making a recruitment, employment or licensing decision regarding this applicant'.
Never been in trouble of any sort, so panicking because online many sites say there will be something mentioned I am unaware of on my certificate.

Have you heard anything back yet? I’ve had the exact same message and it’s taking ages to come back
Reply 7
Original post by Rache81
Have you recieved anything back yet? I have this message also and it’s taking ages for it to come back

Have you had anything back? I’ve had this notice too!
Reply 8
I have had this notice too and I have nothing on my record that I know of! Strange
Reply 9
Original post by Tee1991!
Have you had anything back? I’ve had this notice too!

I had mine back and it was completely clear, also it stated “please wait for applications ta certificate” when they had completed it and sent copie out, but the council who I applied with said they can see their end it was fine. It stated their end “we can confirm certificate holds no information” so they employed me before I have recieved the certificate.
Reply 10
Original post by Rache81
I had mine back and it was completely clear, also it stated “please wait for applications ta certificate” when they had completed it and sent copie out, but the council who I applied with said they can see their end it was fine. It stated their end “we can confirm certificate holds no information” so they employed me before I have recieved the certificate.

Sorry applicants certificate that meant to say
Reply 11
Original post by Rache81
Sorry applicants certificate that meant to say

Thank you for replying! I’m so pleased for you that it all came back fine and you’ve started your job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending