The Student Room Group

I'm late with my student finance application. How bad have I messed up?

Hello, tomorrow is the last day to apply for student finance before you're likely to receive the loan late. I still haven't applied, I need to send a birth certificate and set up a bank account.The whole situation has got me worried especially with it all being my fault for leaving it too late. I was wondering if anyone was in this situation and could let me know how serious it is that it's going to be late.

I literally set up this account 5 minutes ago so I on't know if I do some sort of sign off or if I'm breaking any rules so sorry in advance. I'm just a bit of a mess
Original post by ChrHac
Hello, tomorrow is the last day to apply for student finance before you're likely to receive the loan late. I still haven't applied, I need to send a birth certificate and set up a bank account.The whole situation has got me worried especially with it all being my fault for leaving it too late. I was wondering if anyone was in this situation and could let me know how serious it is that it's going to be late.

I literally set up this account 5 minutes ago so I on't know if I do some sort of sign off or if I'm breaking any rules so sorry in advance. I'm just a bit of a mess

I've moved this to the Ask SFE forum for you, so you should get a response from one of their reps!
Hi ChrHac.

The deadline is not a closing date. We will still accept applications after this date but cannot guarantee funding will be in on time for the beginning of your course if it is received long after the date. For an application submitted a few days after the date, it's highly likely you will see your funding delayed so long as you get all required information to us in plenty of time.

Bank details are not urgent. We can fully assess you without these but simply can't make payment until we have them. Payment won't be due until you've begun anyway so as long as you have these to us at least a week before any payment is due it will not cause any issues.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending