The Student Room Group

can i do A-Levels?

I just moved to UK in January, last year. I was 15 then. After I apply for a place in my town local high school, they decided that I should be studying in year 11, and took only 2 GCSEs, which is Maths and English language. both was taken on foundation tier.

a year had passed I got my GCSEs result which is a C and an E on Maths and English. I then proceed to apply for the college and ask about my future courses from the career advisor there. After the conversation the path i really want to do is to study A-Levels.But I need 5 or more gcse with grade a-c including english and maths. So the career advisor suggested that i should do the BTEC lvl 2 business course which will result in getting me a grade equivalent to 4 gcse grade from a-c. so all i need to do now is to get grade c on my english.

This year i'm going to move to another town and the college there said that i need atleast 48 point which must include the c grade in math and english.

sorry for the long story and bad grammar here is the question.
will my btec lvl 2 course give me enough point to apply for that college a-levels course?
and will I still be able to delay another year to resit the exam? just incase i get a grade below c grade on my english exam again. :frown:
Reply 1
It should be enough but check with coll. My brother will do the same. Best thing with english is to practice past papers lots. Also prepare your essay. Write out a good essay and get your teacher to mark it, if good grade then learn it to memory. All you then do is adapt it to any of the questions on day of exam, takes pressure of you and much easier than making up essay on the day. Also gives you a better grade. Good luck!
Original post by mjrd
It should be enough but check with coll. My brother will do the same. Best thing with english is to practice past papers lots. Also prepare your essay. Write out a good essay and get your teacher to mark it, if good grade then learn it to memory. All you then do is adapt it to any of the questions on day of exam, takes pressure of you and much easier than making up essay on the day. Also gives you a better grade. Good luck!

thanks, I feel much better

Quick Reply

Latest