The Student Room Group

How to get a more hourglass figure when you're skinny?

I was just wondering? I am skinny and tall 133 and 5'11", I have hips but that's about it even my hips are small about 35" at the most but I'm overall really skinny elsewhere I am like so flat chested I don't even need a bra and my waistline is 22" and I have no butt or thighs to speak and a prominent thigh gap. Anyhow how can I dress to accentuate an hourglass shape? If at all possible?

Scroll to see replies

If you don't already have it skinny then you won't have it at a bigger weight.

Women as tall as you are normally skinny, never seen a woman your height that was an hourglass

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by xoflower
If you don't already have it skinny then you won't have it at a bigger weight.

Women as tall as you are normally skinny, never seen a woman your height that was an hourglass

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah I know I don't have an hourglass figure it's more a matter of getting one through an illusion like how to dress to compliment figure.
Reply 3
Original post by Catgirl21
I was just wondering? I am skinny and tall 133 and 5'11", I have hips but that's about it even my hips are small about 35" at the most but I'm overall really skinny elsewhere I am like so flat chested I don't even need a bra and my waistline is 22" and I have no butt or thighs to speak and a prominent thigh gap. Anyhow how can I dress to accentuate an hourglass shape? If at all possible?

You can buy clothes that make your bum and boobs bigger and definitely wear clothes that go in at your waist. This shows your small waist off and gives the illusion that the rest of your body is bigger.
You cannot really change your natural body shape especially if you are just naturally very slim.
However, a lot of people waist train to give themselves more of an hourglass shape, but I wouldn't really recommend that if you already have a small waist as it might start to look a little weird.
There are those dresses that have the black shapes on either side to give the illusion of a curvier figure, I can't really describe them but apparently they are called "panel side dresses".
I guess you just have to give the appearance of a smaller waist and perhaps try and build up the muscles in your bum and legs to make those slightly larger?
Reply 5
Original post by riahlouise
You cannot really change your natural body shape especially if you are just naturally very slim.
However, a lot of people waist train to give themselves more of an hourglass shape, but I wouldn't really recommend that if you already have a small waist as it might start to look a little weird.
There are those dresses that have the black shapes on either side to give the illusion of a curvier figure, I can't really describe them but apparently they are called "panel side dresses".
I guess you just have to give the appearance of a smaller waist and perhaps try and build up the muscles in your bum and legs to make those slightly larger?

well my measurements are 30-22-35 currently. I have a very small waistline and hips but I lack boobs butt and thighs. I am a 30A barely I think currently. I have triead padded bras but those look really weird because I lack the cleavage for it to be realistic. And most things looks too asmall or too baggy to fit much of the time.
well my measurements are 30-22-35 currently. I have a very small waistline and hips but I lack boobs butt and thighs. I am a 30A barely I think currently. I have triead padded bras but those look really weird because I lack the cleavage for it to be realistic. And most things looks too asmall or too baggy to fit much of the time.

Obviously there's nothing you can really do about chest size naturally. The only way to try and get a fuller figure would be to try and gain some muscle in the lower body or dressing in a certain way that makes your waist look the smallest. Could perhaps try to gain weight but I'm guessing you have a naturally thin body type so that probably isn't likely to happen. I'm not too sure, sorry :unsure:
Don't change, you sound perfect to my tastes :tongue:

35-22-35 are model standard, so I don't know why you'd be this worried?
Stuff your trousers with cushions and socks
Reply 10
I think you sound fine. I naturally have an hour glass shape, I'm 5'5.5, 55kg, and I'm under 26 waist and 36 hips. (I'm always in between sizes). I do have thighs and a bum which I hate but they are there like. And bra size I am 36A though possible AA since I've lost weight.
Original post by CescaD96
I think you sound fine. I naturally have an hour glass shape, I'm 5'5.5, 55kg, and I'm under 26 waist and 36 hips. (I'm always in between sizes). I do have thighs and a bum which I hate but they are there like. And bra size I am 36A though possible AA since I've lost weight.

you basically just did this

My sis is a bit like you OP, she's quite skinny, but she isn't as tall as you. She's now hitting the gym regularly to get toned uisng mainly weight training and also eating more than normal especially foods with a lot of protein - apparently she's been told by her fitness trainer at the gym that she should aim to add muscle to "fill out" but not gain too much excess fat.
Reply 14
Weighted Hula hoop, I have one
Reply 15
No pics boys, sorry. :smile:

Original post by Smilin’ Knight
you basically just did this

Original post by confusinggenes
are we not doing the pics thing anymore
Reply 16

I wish I was 5'11. Someone above said panel side dresses, and as for your thighs and butt, exercise like squats can help them. :smile:
Reply 17

Yeah it's mainly building an illusion in my busy and rear area. Width wise I have the hourglass look just not from the side
Reply 18
Yeah it's mainly building an illusion in my busy and rear area. Width wise I have the hourglass look just not from the side

What I said in the above post is what my sister does to maximize her look. :smile: Hope it helps!
Reply 19
What I said in the above post is what my sister does to maximize her look. :smile: Hope it helps!

thanks

Latest