The Student Room Group

Girls: how many times have you been catcalled?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cake_lover
(I'm a guy) but I had my butt grabbed once when I was out shopping... Does that count? :frown:

Grabbed by a girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TunnelSnakesRule
Grabbed by a girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, i was 14, I felt someone grab my butt. Looked to my right as I thought my 5 year old brother was just messing with me, he was no where near me. Looked to my left and saw a girl (about my age, not very attractive, "big") walking away just staring me down very creepily.

(This occurred in Pakistan, if this makes any difference whatsoever? :s-smilie:)
Reply 42
Original post by Crystalz
I've actually got into a a car which offered me a ride. It was fine to be honest they just dropped me to the station.

Original post by DreamOrNightmare
I'm probably too skeptical, but there's always a risk or the possibility of groping

From: http://www.mwnuk.co.uk/go_files/resources/UnheardVoices.pdf

6.6 Opportunist Model

Sexual exploitation without grooming was only observed in one case study. Nabila (case study 24)
was oppor tunistically targeted as two youths were driving around when they spotted her, chatted
her up and then took her to a house later that night to be violently abused by a group of men.

In case study 20 (Maryam’s story), a group of lads were planning to give her a lift home so they
could sexually abuse her. From the ages of the men involved in both incidents, this may be more
characteristic of younger perpetrators in their late teens and early 20s.

This type of model requires further research and the likelihood is that such cases are unlikely to be
isolated ones. One young man revealed quite disturbing behaviour amongst young men:

Groups of boys pick up girls in cars they don’t even know all the time it’s normal. They will chat them
up and offer the girls a lift and try their luck in the car. Some of them are really clever and put private hire
stickers on their cars and drive around late at night in the city centre and pretend they are taxi drivers. It
is easy girls just get in. Then they will try it on.”

We went out in three cars and the cars split. One of my friends text me and told me to go the location
where he was and told me to park my car next to his and get out and look inside his car and check what
he was doing. When I got there two of my friends were at it like animals on to this girl. They didn’t
know her and only met her a short while earlier and chatted her up and had offered her a lift. They said
she wanted it.”
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cake_lover
Yep, i was 14, I felt someone grab my butt. Looked to my right as I thought my 5 year old brother was just messing with me, he was no where near me. Looked to my left and saw a girl (about my age, not very attractive, "big") walking away just staring me down very creepily.

(This occurred in Pakistan, if this makes any difference whatsoever? :s-smilie:)

That's weird lol, I would've had nightmares if it had happened to me at that age, especially if they stared at me like you said she did XD :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
have any of you girls ever hooked up with a guy who did it?
Original post by TunnelSnakesRule
That's weird lol, I would've had nightmares if it had happened to me at that age, especially if they stared at me like you said she did XD :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Weird **** always happens to me :lol: like my first time in a club some random chick start grinding her ass on me against my will, I just stood there confused :lol:
Original post by LenaSim
Depends on WHO catcalls us. 99% of the time it's disgusting not flattering.

Who catcalling u would be acceptable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GnomeMage

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if a Ducati dealership cat called me then I'd be flattered

Posted from TSR Mobile
I live in a ****ty area so any girl gets it a fair bit here.
Reply 49
It happens near enough on a daily basis, usually from creepy guys in vans too! Also, I was walking to a friends house one time and as I was about to walk around the corner some lads whistled and shouted "hey gorgeous, how much do you charge?" out of the car windows..😑

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yay so there finally are perks to being ugly woo
I had it once when in drag as britney (school girl from hit me) I dont think they could tell from behind, was lads in a van. Didnt feel violated, they might have done when they looked in the wing mirrors lol
Reply 52
Original post by GnomeMage

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said 99% because I don't say 'never' lol imho catcalling suggests a sleazy personality not worth any attention, no matter how hot the guy is(though usually catcallers aren't hot at all)
Original post by KingStannis
it happens this much with zero consequences. By any objective measure, it is hardly that bad. I think thye should get over themselves, some people in the world have real **** to deal with.

Even if the consequences are feeling intimated they are still consequences. Again you don't know the consequences since it doesn't happen to you. The women who get cat called are in a better position to judge than you are. So I think you should get over yourself.

This real world you speak of can shut down any debate about anything that isn't starving to death in a hole. Especially people who winge about "feminism".
(edited 8 years ago)
Does it count if i'm a boy
Reply 55
Original post by Crystalz
I've actually got into a a car which offered me a ride. It was fine to be honest they just dropped me to the station.

Oh my gosh you better count your lucky stars! You could have raped and killed!! O__O
Women wolf whistle me. #equalrightsformen
None :lol:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
As do men when it comes to circumcision.

It doesn't matter if you think they are overacting, If they don't want cat calling stop cat calling them.

da ****?

So?

It;s culture.

It doesn't have any use anyway. Men don't need it. In facts it;s cleaner. Stop over reacting.

lol no. Your foreskin is there to protect your penis from damage. It's also a very sensitive part with a lot of nerve endings which is why a lot of babies die from shock when they're circumcised. Sexual pleasure is also decreased since it's a sensitive part of your penis thats being chopped off obviously.

But ye being mutilated is a bit different from being whistled at.
(edited 8 years ago)
:lolwut:

I'm a man and I wouldn't do that :tongue:

Well it worked out fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest