The Student Room Group

Driving Test in 3 Days - Super Nervous - Any Tips

So I've got my driving test in 3 days and I'm super nervous to take the test, it's my first try, I haven't done one before.

I'm a very confident person with everything else that I do, I can handle exams, I can do anything and never get worried about anything and also am very good with strangers so the fact of someone else being in the car doesn't bother me.

I pick things up very easily and people say that is a talent of mine as anything I do I can pick up super easy, I've had only 15 lessons with my instructor with no driving with my parents in my own car.

My only concern is that with me as a person is I do not accept failure in what I do and I will only accept the best, which would be to pass.
I'm putting so much pressure on myself to pass because I can then do things and go out in my car loads and I just really want to pass so I can go out with my friends and it would be a convenience because my did lives 30 minutes away so I can drive to see him now, drive to work and things.

Now when I sat in the theory test room before I went in I was shaking to bits and sweating all over and this was only for my theory test, so I know when I go and sit in the waiting room for the practical I physically don't know how I'll cope.

I'm heading in with the approach that it's a normal driving lesson with a different instructor but I don't feel that will keep me calm.

Thanks everyone :smile:
I had my driving test on Tuesday and passed first time, I've never been so nervous in my life! I barely slept the night before and I was so nervous throughout the test but there was nothing to worry about! The examiner I got was really nice but he kept pointing out my minors which was making me think I'd failed, but he could see I was really nervous. Just making sure that I was breathing properly really helped me, and just remember you can always try again! Make sure you've eaten properly beforehand as well and that you've been to the loo so you don't need it during your test. And if your instructor had put you in for your test he must he pretty confident in your ability to drive! Good luck, you'll be fine! :smile:
Original post by LSX
So I've got my driving test in 3 days and I'm super nervous to take the test, it's my first try, I haven't done one before.

I'm a very confident person with everything else that I do, I can handle exams, I can do anything and never get worried about anything and also am very good with strangers so the fact of someone else being in the car doesn't bother me.

I pick things up very easily and people say that is a talent of mine as anything I do I can pick up super easy, I've had only 15 lessons with my instructor with no driving with my parents in my own car.

My only concern is that with me as a person is I do not accept failure in what I do and I will only accept the best, which would be to pass.
I'm putting so much pressure on myself to pass because I can then do things and go out in my car loads and I just really want to pass so I can go out with my friends and it would be a convenience because my did lives 30 minutes away so I can drive to see him now, drive to work and things.

Now when I sat in the theory test room before I went in I was shaking to bits and sweating all over and this was only for my theory test, so I know when I go and sit in the waiting room for the practical I physically don't know how I'll cope.

I'm heading in with the approach that it's a normal driving lesson with a different instructor but I don't feel that will keep me calm.

Thanks everyone :smile:

I'm exactly the same as you! Got my test on Monday.
Try and relax as much as you can!! And just be as safe as possible, so don't rush of junctions and try not to feel to nervous (I know it's waay easier said than done!) but yeah the main thing is not to do anything dangerous (and don't panic if you stall!! Stalling is acceptable as long as you figure out why you stalled and then drive off again without obstructing others). Good luck!! :smile:
Reply 4
Best tip - do a fake glance over to your mirrors at least every 20 seconds or so even if you don't need to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending