The Student Room Group

I have never watched 'Friends'

I am so ashamed, I put myself on anon! I only have ever watched a couple of episodes here and there and I keep on telling myself I would but I kept putting it off. I wish I did because I can't ever join in the conversations my friends have about it. I just never saw the appeal? What's so good about it?
:frown:

Scroll to see replies

If it helps I'v never watched it either
I feel bad "dissing" it because, like you, everyone I know raves about it, but I could never get into it. The canned laughter every 5 seconds put me off too. I dunno. Maybe we're the weird ones?? :wink: xx
Reply 3
Oh I don't hate it or anything, I just never got around to watching all the seasons. My friends act like it's a great offence if someone hasn't watched it :redface:
Reply 4
I thought I was unique by not watching it. Now I'm not alone... great :frown:

...:P
You can't not like Friends, I literally have every episode on DVD!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Friends is hilarious. I don't know, I just find it so amusing and it manages to cheer me up when I've had a bad day.
Rachel pisses me off to no end though -_- she's so annoying :angry:
Reply 7
Original post by thechemistress
Friends is hilarious. I don't know, I just find it so amusing and it manages to cheer me up when I've had a bad day.
Rachel pisses me off to no end though -_- she's so annoying :angry:

Huh, maybe I should try and watch it when I feel particular down? It could help me get into it, thanks for the tip!
Expected response: 'OMG. You've never watched Friends?! Whyyy?! That's so bad. It's like the best thing ever! You seriously need to watch it.'

It's really nothing to be ashamed of! :lol: D.w. I haven't watched all the seasons but I watch clips on YouTube.. a good laugh every now and then!
Reply 9
Yeah it's quite difficult to keep up the facade because everyone assumes I have SEEN Friends. It's hard to remember all the characters as well, I just keep saying that I relate to Phoebe the most because she's the character that stuck out to me the most. I didn't even know who Monica was at the beginning, or who dated who. The only reference that I know and use in real life is the 'Pivot' joke :/
Don't feel ashamed. You're allowed to watch what you want.
It is hilarious, though. Maybe try a couple more episodes and then give up if it's not your thing? Not everyone has to like it, don't worry! :smile:
Reply 11
I think I've seen it 5 times :colondollar:

First 2/3 episodes are meh ngl but season 2,3,4 are just AH-MAZING
But do you even have Unagi...?
That's the real question!
(edited 8 years ago)
My household somehow ended up with the full box-set somewhere along the line... I only watched (I think) seasons 1 through 7, but man, it's great :smile:

Now that you've brought it up, I know what I'm going to be doing over the summer :P

Marathon time!
Original post by Alexion
My household somehow ended up with the full box-set somewhere along the line... I only watched (I think) seasons 1 through 7, but man, it's great :smile:

Now that you've brought it up, I know what I'm going to be doing over the summer :P

Marathon time!

I have the full box-set too... :biggrin:
Original post by Emmi12345
I have the full box-set too... :biggrin:

:h:
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous
I am so ashamed, I put myself on anon! I only have ever watched a couple of episodes here and there and I keep on telling myself I would but I kept putting it off. I wish I did because I can't ever join in the conversations my friends have about it. I just never saw the appeal? What's so good about it?
:frown:

I haven't either! About a year ago I said something that was a quote from friends and all my friends starting clapping three times (something to do with the theme tune) and I didn't get it AT ALL. It's now an ongoing joke between all of us.
Reply 17
The first 4 seasons are the best then it just became about Ross and Rachels on/off relationship and then after Monica and Chandler got married it lost its way.

The early seasons are the best because they focused on how they went on failed dates and were young then it just became dull.
How old are you? Were you born in like 2000 or something?
Reply 19
Original post by Ryouga
x

put that in a spoiler buddy

:talkhand:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending