The Student Room Group

Why do fat girls call themselves curvy?

They're not curves, they are simply deluding themselves into believing they have a feminine body shape when in reality they lack shape and men hate it. We do not want fat, we like slimness with nice features that are distinguishable.

They are just a head with legs and arms attached, and a massive unhealthy looking blob in the center. It shows that they lack motivation and drive.

Isn't it about time these women where shown the right way, the path of light in which they can live a healthier and more confident and fulfilling life?

Let's bring back real women, together.

Scroll to see replies

Stfu. Skinny girls are no where near as good as a 'Curvy' girl.
Not everything a women does is about pleasing men you know.

If a women is happy with her body then leave her to be happy instead of writing posts like this :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Lemon Haze
Stfu. Skinny girls are no where near as good as a 'Curvy' girl.

I love curvy girls. I do not love fat girls, there is a difference.
I would agree that they need to work out, but the hate you seem to have for larger women is silly dont you think? they made a life choice and then try to redefine their condition, which is dumb in and of itself, but you seem to just hate them. They are stupid to call themselves curvy but the rest i don't get?
Because their in denial. I bet if you could give a large girl (can't say the f word because that's fat shaming apparently) the opportunity to instantly have her ideal body shape, she'd go for the slim one. It's like when gingers call themselves strawberry blonde. Just no.

Spoiler

Making them gain confidence in themselves is the first step.
I don't think it's healthy to be overweight, but at the same time, it's not right to go around shaming people for their bodies. They're not your property. What makes you so special anyway?
"Isn't it about time these women where shown the right way, the path of light in which they can live a healthier and more confident and fulfilling life?" That statement is hypocritical, judging by your post. You can also get skinny people who aren't healthy at all, and curvy people can be just as unhealthy. That's not me saying overweight people are healthy. As others have pointed out, people aren't placed on this earth for your viewing pleasure. Just because they're fat doesn't mean they have nothing else to offer, and to refer to them as "just a head with arms and legs attached" is degrading. It's also very pompous writing by using the pronoun "we" - we don't want this/that...

As for lacking motivation, it could only be in that area. They might be motivated with work and other things that don't involve healthy eating/exercise (just putting that out there). To answer your original question, yes, I don't know why very large people refer to themselves as curvy either. And obviously you knew the "real women" phrase at the end was going to ruffle people's feathers. You're probably a troll so I'm just playing along :h:
Reply 9
Original post by bassbabe
Because their in denial. I bet if you could give a large girl (can't say the f word because that's fat shaming apparently) the opportunity to instantly have her ideal body shape, she'd go for the slim one. It's like when gingers call themselves strawberry blonde. Just no.

Spoiler

It's more a case of fat girls talking about anyone that isn't fat as if they're stick thin, purely because they're too lazy to go the gym and be healthy. They prefer to keep getting fatter, out of greed.
It is a bit annoying that they're trying to change the definition of the word curvy. Now theres confusion when you actually want to describe a curvy girl (not a fat one). What other words can you use?
Reply 11
Original post by ChickenMadness
It is a bit annoying that they're trying to change the definition of the word curvy. Now theres confusion when you actually want to describe a curvy girl (not a fat one). What other words can you use?

There are none, you have to simply go into detail about that specific person.

The feminists are to blame for all this.
Same reason low fat puddings have a lot of sugar

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by holly1798
Not everything a women does is about pleasing men you know.

If a women si happy with her body then leave her to be happy instead of writing posts like this :smile:

You can't be happy and be 400 pounds of fat.
Original post by Mactotaur
You can't be happy and be 400 pounds of fat.

says who? women who consider themselves as "curvy" and are happy to promote body confidence in pictures and smile happily aren't allowd to feel happy with their bodies just because they carry a little extra bit of weight?
says who? women who consider themselves as "curvy" and are happy to promote body confidence in pictures and smile happily aren't allowd to feel happy with their bodies just because they carry a little extra bit of weight?

400 pounds of fat with any height is far too overweight. Check your BMI, for this I'm using the NHS calculator. According to a 2010 BBC study the average Brit woman is 5 foot 3, right? At 400 pounds that's a BMI of 69. The threshold for overweight is 25, obese is 30 and up.

Being obese brings a series of health problems. Would you like me to list them for you?
I know this risks with being too overweight? I don't think the OP was talking about those who were 400 pounds though, more just woemn who have a little more weight than others and would be considered to be "plus size"... you're missing the point
I know this risks with being too overweight? I don't think the OP was talking about those who were 400 pounds though, more just woemn who have a little more weight than others and would be considered to be "plus size"... you're missing the point

How much more weight than which others?
Original post by Mactotaur
How much more weight than which others?

Judging by the OP saying "feminine body shape" they meant skinny girls with boobs and a butt .like i said they don;t mean women that would be considered "plus size"
I love a girl with a phat ass ngl.

Latest