The Student Room Group

Easiest A Level to Self Teach?..

Hey everyone!
Any recommendations as to which is the easiest A Level (AS & A2) to self teach? Have 1 year to do both AS and A2! Will be entering as external candidate.
All suggestions welcome!

Scroll to see replies

Maths
Original post by Dancatpro
No way........ it will certainly be a memory-like subject like history

Even if you're not good at maths you can definitely pass with the help of examsolutions lol
Reply 3
Maths
Maths is easy to self teach.
Original post by jhjamie
Even if you're not good at maths you can definitely pass with the help of examsolutions lol

The reason exam solutions EXISTS is because maths is a very difficult subject....................................
General Studies? :tongue:
The reason exam solutions EXISTS is because maths is a very difficult subject....................................

No it isn't lol maths is by far the easiest subject to self teach
Reply 8
Not maths wth, it doesn't make sense unless it is explained to you :erm:

At least once anyway.

IMO, Biology.

Spoiler

Reply 9
Languages, with a bit of practice, exams questions are easy and obvious.
Original post by crabsticks
General Studies? :tongue:

I am a maths, physics and computing god at my school ....... got D and E in general studies
Further maths or physics
Original post by Onlyheretoask
Hey everyone!
Any recommendations as to which is the easiest A Level (AS & A2) to self teach? Have 1 year to do both AS and A2! Will be entering as external candidate.
All suggestions welcome!

Maths, then physics.
I'd personally say maths, and definitely not an essay based subject as they are much more subjective and without a teacher it's hard to see how your work would be marked. With maths, yes, there are various methods that may be used but an answer is right or wrong, and you know if it is so.
Maths furthur maths physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Forgot to mention, Ive enrolled for Maths and Economics at a college. Need a third subject, and it cant have any coursework, lab work elements etc.
Business Studies for content, but you need to look at exam structure/past papers a bit.
Original post by Dinaa
Not maths wth, it doesn't make sense unless it is explained to you :erm:

At least once anyway.

IMO, Biology.

Spoiler

I self taught Further Maths and Biology, Biology was easier to self teach but it's just an easier A level generally.

You don't need Maths to be explained to you by a teacher if you've got decent learning materials and are willing to do practice questions. The text books are generally great and with good worked examples.

No way........ it will certainly be a memory-like subject like history

History isn't a memory subject, it's all about technique. You can't Mark your own essay anywhere near as easily as you can't mark a maths paper.
From the responses, it seems to be between biology and history. I would verge towards choosing history for the AS and A2 modules to self teach, deciding (slightly) against biology as it never really clicked with me, didn't do the GCSE and doing the practicals seems a slight inconvenience.
Any other suggestions?
All your help is really, very much appreciated!
business maybe? no coursework involved and just exams

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending