The Student Room Group

A-level choices!!!

Im currently in year 11,
The subjects I study are Maths, Additional maths, English lit and language, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Welsh , RE , History, French , Business Studies and ICT.
Im targeted mostly A's and A*s in the exams ive just done ...... (although i have 5 exams left)
So, i was just curious as to what A-levels I should take. I want to be an accountant and im thinking about any 4 from History, psychology, maths, chemistry , biology or economics. Anyone have any experiences good or bad that might help with my decision? Thanks
pick maths if you get a A/A* otherwise don't bother unless and for the rest go for accounting for a As and a subject you enjoy. I would suggest to not pick 4 as you have to lose one so its a waste of time I only did 3 subjects
Reply 2
Original post by Abb97
pick maths if you get a A/A* otherwise don't bother unless and for the rest go for accounting for a As and a subject you enjoy. I would suggest to not pick 4 as you have to lose one so its a waste of time I only did 3 subjects

Thank you! I did my maths in November and got an A*, so I think i'lll most probably do maths. Also, I might only consider taking three aswell then ..... THANK YOU!
Original post by matt1703
Thank you! I did my maths in November and got an A*, so I think i'lll most probably do maths. Also, I might only consider taking three aswell then ..... THANK YOU!

DO NOT CHOOSE 3 AS CHOICES!!!

Please don't do this, every student does 4 so if you only take 3 it's a massive red flag to universities that you can't handle 4. Especially if you're aiming to target top Russel group unis, which I imagine you are with your good GCSEs grades.

As for the subjects for accounting I'd say maths (and then economics) but then after that it's free reign really, most impressive combination IMO would be maths, Eco, Chem and biology... But besides the maths it actually doesn't matter too much so pick whichever one you prefer and will do best at :smile:

Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by mizzsnazzter
DO NOT CHOOSE 3 AS CHOICES!!!

Please don't do this, every student does 4 so if you only take 3 it's a massive red flag to universities that you can't handle 4. Especially if you're aiming to target top Russel group unis, which I imagine you are with your good GCSEs grades.

As for the subjects for accounting I'd say maths (and then economics) but then after that it's free reign really, most impressive combination IMO would be maths, Eco, Chem and biology... But besides the maths it actually doesn't matter too much so pick whichever one you prefer and will do best at :smile:

Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I had been told that most people do 4 As choices and I was having trouble narrowing my six down to 4 any way. So, it is most likely that I will take 4 As levels. Also thanks for your suggestions / info its really helped me.
For accounting honestly don't do a level accounting it's pointless.

Do maths (that will let you into the top 10 universities), economics and History/Biology/Chemistry and the last subject can be whatever you want as you'll be dropping it for AS.

Don't underestimate A levels, the workload is immense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest