The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

The Warwick Accommodation Thread (+Guide in Post#1)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6360
Original post by apunctuationmark
I'm an international student as well and I am considering Bluebell (and I am definitely not a 'stuck-up' person!!) A friend of mine is living there this year and she LOVES it! She definitely seems to do a lot with the people in her hall and her pictures definitely don't look boring in any way!! She's a real down to earth type of person as well. From what I have heard from her regarding the residence application, Warwick definitely take into consideration what your personality type is so, yes, you may get quieter floors if that's what you want but if you want to party they will put you with similar people. Personally for me, I want a good balance as I do love to party but I like my sleep too :biggrin:

That sounds good ! Maybe I'll see you in bluebell then !! what are you studying ?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by kiwijess
That sounds good ! Maybe I'll see you in bluebell then !! what are you studying ?

I'm studying English Lit - how about you? :smile:
Reply 6362
Original post by apunctuationmark
I'm studying English Lit - how about you? :smile:

Biomedicine :smile:
Hi everyone. I'm graduating this summer and I'm looking for a place to live for the first 3 weeks of July, preferably on campus or within walking distance to campus. I emailed Warwick Accommodation on whether I can extend my current on-campus accommodation contract to late July in order to attend my summer graduation ceremony and they said it's not possible. They suggested that I book a room through Warwick Conferences but a room costs at least 70 pounds per night, which really is not a reasonable suggestion. I was wondering if anyone here knows where I can look for accommodation that fits my requirement? I tried checking bus stops for ads but there wasn't anything useful.

-stay period: 28/06/2014-19/07/2014
-budget: 80-90pounds per week (bills included)
-on campus or 10-15 minutes walk to campus
-single room

Let me know if you can help!! Thanks~
Reply 6364
Original post by Infinity0000
Hi everyone. I'm graduating this summer and I'm looking for a place to live for the first 3 weeks of July, preferably on campus or within walking distance to campus. I emailed Warwick Accommodation on whether I can extend my current on-campus accommodation contract to late July in order to attend my summer graduation ceremony and they said it's not possible. They suggested that I book a room through Warwick Conferences but a room costs at least 70 pounds per night, which really is not a reasonable suggestion. I was wondering if anyone here knows where I can look for accommodation that fits my requirement? I tried checking bus stops for ads but there wasn't anything useful.

-stay period: 28/06/2014-19/07/2014
-budget: 80-90pounds per week (bills included)
-on campus or 10-15 minutes walk to campus
-single room

Let me know if you can help!! Thanks~

Another place you could try looking is the Warwick SU accommodation forum: http://www.warwicksu.com/forums/topiclist/630/
Reply 6365
Does anyone know if international postgrads are guaranteed on-campus accommodation?
Original post by pamsk
Does anyone know if international postgrads are guaranteed on-campus accommodation?

I do believe (If I am not wrong and if things haven't changed) that 1st year non-EU postgrads are guaranteed on-campus accommodation if you apply within a relevant deadline and you pay some deposit too.
Reply 6367
When did last years accommodation applications open? And when do you believe it will be this year? Warwick says spring 2014 but thats too vague... I was hoping first weeks of may, any chance? Thanks, hope to see you all in september as I firmed it for History and Sociology!
Reply 6368
Original post by belenhv
When did last years accommodation applications open? And when do you believe it will be this year? Warwick says spring 2014 but thats too vague... I was hoping first weeks of may, any chance? Thanks, hope to see you all in september as I firmed it for History and Sociology!

I firmed for Sociology, and i was hoping they'd release accommodation applications. Not yet it seems. What you planning on going for?
Original post by belenhv

They just updated the accommodation pages today, so can't be long now! :biggrin:
Original post by BlackMagicV
They just updated the accommodation pages today, so can't be long now! :biggrin:

I rang them up the day before yesterday and they said it will be at the end of April. Any day now and to keep looking.
Reply 6371
Original post by bkw321
I firmed for Sociology, and i was hoping they'd release accommodation applications. Not yet it seems. What you planning on going for?

I'll be seeing you at some lectures then!! Looking at the last comments it seems like its just a matter of days now. Can't wait to get it done with.
Im going for Rootes, Jack Martin and Arthur Vick in that order. The remaining options I have no clue... Im looking at the more sociable halls as Im quite a party person.
Which ones will you be going for?
Reply 6372
Original post by BlackMagicV

Original post by Studentmum25
I rang them up the day before yesterday and they said it will be at the end of April. Any day now and to keep looking.

Thanks a lot!!! :smile: better get deciding
Reply 6373
Original post by belenhv
I'll be seeing you at some lectures then!! Looking at the last comments it seems like its just a matter of days now. Can't wait to get it done with.
Im going for Rootes, Jack Martin and Arthur Vick in that order. The remaining options I have no clue... Im looking at the more sociable halls as Im quite a party person.

Awesome! See you there! Personally, I'm sociable, but I'm not. Meaning that there's a fine line i draw in which i want my own sphere but i also want to be in sociable halls. Im looking at hopefully Jack Martin or Arthur Vick. I hope that is! Im excited though. Loving the prospect of studying there!
Reply 6374
Hey there I don't know if you can apply to both jack martin and Artur Vick, I remember reading somewhere you can only apply to one residence with a 30-week let? I'm applying to rootes JM, and possibly sherbourne

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tan11
Hey there I don't know if you can apply to both jack martin and Artur Vick, I remember reading somewhere you can only apply to one residence with a 30-week let? I'm applying to rootes JM, and possibly sherbourne

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's one 30 week ensuite I think, so out of Jack Martin and Arthur Vick you could only choose one. You can apply to other 30 week lets i.e. Cryfield.
Original post by belenhv

Someone told me that you can only request one 30 week ensuite accommodation. When I was on the phone to the accommodation office I asked them about this and they said that wasnt the case. My son likes Jack Martin so that is his first choice. Jack Martin and Arthur Vick are more quiet. I don't know how many choices you have to put down, for some reason I thought it was 4. I thought Westwood looks OK. The ensuite accommodation is done by lottery so you can put it down but the chances of getting it are not very high.
I have firmed for Biomedical science now :smile:.
Thinking of applying for either Whitefields or Rootes?
I like the style of whitefields (as in its like your own little flat)- however I also like a good party so rootes appeals to me there haha!
Plus I need to be near to the path that leads to the Gibbet Hill campus because of doing Biomedical science.

Anyone else thinking of these accommodation? :smile:. xx
Canley: 2 rooms for the summer, extension possible

We are looking to sublet our beloved 2-bedroom house in Canley right by the university during the summer (July and August). In addition, if you desire to extend your stay the property will be free to rent from September onwards on a new contract with the landlord.

The rent is £390 per person/per month and includes all bills and broadband (30 Mbit fibre). The house is located in a very quiet neighborhood some 10 minutes walk from Warwick University central campus. This location is ideal for people attending summer schools or writing up their MA.

House is fully equipped and furnished (washing machine, oven, microwave, etc.) and also has a nice living room, big kitchen, terrace and newly renovated garden.

There are 2 bedrooms in the house and 1 shared bathroom on the upper floor. The lower floor has the kitchen and living room as well as the patio.

Feel free to contact us with any questions. We can arrange viewings.

Check here for more info & photos:

http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/flatshare_detail.pl?flatshare_id=2903082
which are the most undersubscribed and oversubscribed halls? Any possible way to find out? or if anyone knows roughly...

Quick Reply

Latest