The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

The Warwick Accommodation Thread (+Guide in Post#1)

Scroll to see replies

whichever one you are in, you'll have an excellent time. It seems more important now than it will be when you get there, trust me.

For the record, I was in Tocil and that was great, good place on campus, nice people and decent accom. Arthur Vick and Jack Martin are quite nice, Claycroft is also nice.

Deepnds what you like though.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Not ANOTHER accommodation thread..............
coffeym
Not ANOTHER accommodation thread..............

these threads need merging.
Reply 1523
Totally Tom
these threads need merging.

And Tom spake, and so it was..
Chrrye
And Tom spake, and so it was..

I am truly biblical.
polaroid13
Do we get a little dustpan and brush/mop or access to a vacuum cleaner for little accidents? Just need to know as I am making a bit of a shopping list. Thanks.

Most accoms have a vacuum cleaner in that you can use... Tocil did anyway. It's normally kept in a little cleaning cupboard, maybe there's mops/dustpans too?
Cleaners normally clean up too in communal areas.
Hey everyone. Im a wee bit excited so I'll post everywhere. I missed my conditions but Warwick still decided to keep me. Does that mean that Warwick still guarantees me the accommodation I applied for, or will they ask me to find a place off campus.I am an international student. And any idea when they'll tell us all this. I emailed the university with the query so I hope they reply now but yaaay I got in! =D
Reply 1527
Miss_Scarlet
Most accoms have a vacuum cleaner in that you can use... Tocil did anyway. It's normally kept in a little cleaning cupboard, maybe there's mops/dustpans too?
Cleaners normally clean up too in communal areas.

In Rootes a dustpan+brush was available, but not a vacuum cleaner. Tbh, you shouldn't need the latter anyway.
Hi guys. I wanted to know more about the "moving in" process.

When i come down, i will be alone :frown: and taking public transport. does anyone know the answer to these questions:
Can you take a taxi/cab to right outside your hall?
When do we get our room keys when we arrive?
Does it mean i am going to have to struggle all around campus with my suitcases??
Reply 1529
Chocolatejessie

When i come down, i will be alone :frown: and taking public transport. does anyone know the answer to these questions:
Does it mean i am going to have to struggle all around campus with my suitcases??

The campus is pretty small, and areas in close proximity to accommodation blocks tend to be pedestrianised, but yes: you should be able to get a taxi to exceptionally close to your accommodation (though the driver might not know where it is. You might want to show him your map, or perhaps ask him to follow the myriad signposts).
You can pick up your keys all day Saturday and Sunday, and perhaps Monday (until about 11PM, I believe). If you have to arrive outside of these times, contact them and this should be fine, though you'll have to collect the keys from a different location.
I think you collect your keys from the accommodation itself in the first term, but I can't remember exactly >.<. Smaller accommodation blocks may have joint "welcome" areas. Either way, you'll be informed of this well in advance! If you're not picking up keys from the accommodation block itself, I'd advise you to just get dropped off there and leave your suitcase whilst you go and get your keys, there ought to be somewhere obvious where it'll be no trouble to leave.
Reply 1530
Just to add to estel, Westwood is a little different, most of the sub-blocks are next to small "roads" that are exclusively for access, I could get a taxi to literally my front door in my first year (getting into the door was a different matter... :P).

Your room keys will be distributed from the Westwood Cafe I expect, and you'll be given directions to your hall from there.
The first few days will all become a blur it will be so much fun and so much new stuff...

don't worry, no one knows what to do when they first get there really, everyone's in the same position... things always work out well!
Reply 1532
Chocolatejessie

You get to the residence station (say for old rootes) and are assigned a particular block (say B block) or whatever. You then go there to your resident tutor who will give you the key to your room as well as asking for various forms .

The long and short of it is it takes a little while and will be incredibly awkward given all your stuff.

Id advise you to stash your stuff with initial residential station. Force the Fresher helpers to help you if required. Its not strictly their job but they should help out if you are nice =)
Reply 1533
Quick question people...when do we move in? :biggrin:
Reply 1534
I think it's Oct 3rd for people with surnames A-L, then Oct 4th for M-Z
When are we told which accommodation we have been allocated?
And has any one recieved anything from UCAS or Warwick in form of a letter/pack. I need to see something. Im due to go abroad on the 28th =/ for a month or so....bad timeeeess
Reply 1536
Just tried to dig out the SU forum from when I was in your position, but its no longer on their website.

I cant give you an exact date because of this, but Im fairly sure we were waiting for nearly a month before we found out. I'd say early october, but they should email you about it as well.
Eklipz89
And has any one recieved anything from UCAS or Warwick in form of a letter/pack. I need to see something. Im due to go abroad on the 28th =/ for a month or so....bad timeeeess

Yup i received a UCAS letter confirming my place. It was sent on the 19th. Congrats on getting in btw :biggrin:
Reply 1538
Eklipz89

Well yeah, going on holiday for a month getting back a few days before you have to go to uni is badtimes. Self inflicted bad times though...

Have someone open your mail back home and action anything as necessary?
Reply 1539
We should be getting welcome packs in the next 2 weeks, i got the ucas letter yesterday.

Quick Reply

Latest