The Student Room Group

Word limit!

I exceeded the word limit on my Greek AS exam! Does anyone know what will happen? Will I get penalized? I heard that the examiner will stop reading once he sees that the word limit is exceeded. Is that true? Also, I wrote out of the box (margin). Will it get scanned and marked? I am very anxious because my essay was one of the best I've written and I'd be very sad to know that I lost marks for my carelessness and stupidity!
Reply 1
by how much did you exceed the limit? (and what was the limit?) if its not too many words over, you will be fine.

and also, writing outside the box, it most likely will not get marked but the examiner may notice that youve written outside and may ask for a full page copy to mark.
Original post by gigila
I exceeded the word limit on my Greek AS exam! Does anyone know what will happen? Will I get penalized? I heard that the examiner will stop reading once he sees that the word limit is exceeded. Is that true? Also, I wrote out of the box (margin). Will it get scanned and marked? I am very anxious because my essay was one of the best I've written and I'd be very sad to know that I lost marks for my carelessness and stupidity!

Most limits are +/- 10% so you should be fine.
Reply 3
the word limit was 220-270 words and I wrote 280. thank you for your help! :smile:
Reply 4
youll be fine

Quick Reply

Latest