The Student Room Group

I'm struggling to find a topic for my EPQ

I've decided I want to do my extended project qualification on politics, but I'm struggling to find an area of it to focus on. I'm thinking about doing one whether politics should be thought in schools, but I doubt I can write enough about that.
Reply 1
I'm not sure if this is 100% right for your topic but what I thought when reading this is, why don't you do the positive and negative effects that the government has on us? How has it improved the life we live and how has it made it worse and why people disagree with many politicians.
Sorry if this hasn't helped but those kind of areas sprung to mind when I read your question :smile:
Reply 2
Atmo the goverment are thinking about making politics compulsary. You could give possitive, negative and your views on it. Personally i would hate it, i have no interest in politics at all. I do howevere think it should be taught to yr 10 so kids like me to get to understand some of it. I do not think it should be made a core subject though as there will be no choices left to pick and we will have all our subjects dictated to us. I live in wales so i had to do eng, welsh, welshbacc, maths, science and religion as i was in a catholic school. I could only choose 3 other options, if 1 had to be politics i would have said sod it and waited til 19 and done a foundation yr. Im autistic though and set in my ways and hate been told what subjects i have to do. Im also dyslexic so eng was hard enough without bloody welsh! And welshbacc is crap as far as im concernd!
(edited 8 years ago)
You could write about the proposal to replace Human Rights with the Bill of Rights. Or should the UK leave the EU? Is the First Past the Post System the most effective system for a democratic society?

Quick Reply

Latest