The Student Room Group

How much you'd spend on a haircut?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Probably about £17 for a restyle, but they do it so good. I did though spend £95 when I went blonde, but that was a risky colour to do so I didn't mind spending that bit extra!
for just cut, wash, blowd dry: £25-£45
different style (layers/fringe): £30+ sky's the limit :wink:
I get wash, cut and finish at SAKS for £22.50. That's a half price student deal.
Only about £12 at my local salon
.... otherwise I have been known to do it myself!
Reply 84
>30
Reply 85
£0.00 or $0.00, considering i do my own haircut. Been doing this for 10 years, from long hair to medium to short experiments. Funny thing i cut my sisters hair and she goes and takes the credit when people compliments her hair. Shocking!!
Well i spend £105 for mine, but i get highlights, cut and blowdry. I've tried cheaper places and i'm never happy with it.
If you know its worth the money then go for it :smile:
Reply 87
When i used to get it dyed i went to a salon and its was £40 for a roots, highlights, cut and blow dry with the junior stylist. Now i get my hair cut for free at GHD by Paul Mitchell, the guy who managed the salon :yes:
nothing. my aunty is a hairdresser. :borat:
Reply 89
Completely depends on what I'm getting done. £80 for a cut, highlights and full dye. However when I get my hair cut I get it done by a trainee (a girl I used to go to school with) and she's really great. Costs me £20.
Reply 90
I've spent just over £30 before. I don't need to spend much as i'm a guy, but if I wanted a really complex style i'd go up to a £100. Not now though, when i'm older.
Reply 91
I will give £50 for my hair :smile:
Around £10-15. I only get it trimmed and textured to keep it from getting too thick so it's not a particularly complex job.
fiver
Reply 94
Mines gone up from £5 to £7, I go home to get it cut. I seriously don't understand some places though, for example a local barbour has 'free' beer and a ps3 to keep people occupied, and then head massages and hot towel treatment included then they charge you £35 for the 'prividilidge'. Seriously I want a hair cut, not a beuty pampering session!
Reply 95
I'd be happy to spend upto £85 for a really good cut but that's not because I'm crazy rich (unfortunately!) or free with my money, I just absolutely hate going to the hairdressers and so put it off for as long as possible, so when I do go I'm happy spending a little more to avoid feeling guilty for going less than everyone else!
I cut my own hair because I'm a winner.
Original post by T'archer
Mines gone up from £5 to £7, I go home to get it cut. I seriously don't understand some places though, for example a local barbour has 'free' beer and a ps3 to keep people occupied, and then head massages and hot towel treatment included then they charge you £35 for the 'prividilidge'. Seriously I want a hair cut, not a beuty pampering session!

Free beer? :eek: I'd go in right after some guy with a really complicated haircut and drink as much as possible. I'd aim to get through £50 worth of beer while the guy gets his hair cut. :cool: Win.

I wouldn't pay more than £12. Even that's pushing it. Getting a clipper thing over the summer to do it myself (over the summer so I don't look like a **** at uni when I inevitably do it wrong).
Reply 98
The most I've ever spent on a haircut is 50 pounds, but I usually stay around 30, and i'm usually quite pleased... Once I spent 25 and it was awful, so.... :biggrin:
i've always had my mother cut my hairs ^^

as such i do not know what a 'normal' or 'good' amount for haircutting is :/

Quick Reply

Latest