The Student Room Group

Can I redo a course I failed? (HNC)

Hi. I failed my HNC, or I believe I am. I was not able to hand in units to complete the course about 3 units and believe I am going to fail the course, I ran into difficulties personally and wasn't able to commit to the end and finish it all out. Is there a chance I can redo the course again or will I not be allowed?

I am just looking to see my options, failing has delivered a mighty blow to my confidence as most of my family believed I would be graduating this year but I have been unable to break it to them. 2 years of studying..

In your experience is a student allowed to re do the course at the same school and carry my passed from the previous try to the next especially the core units or are they now useless and I'll have to redo them?
The part about believing to fail is because they requested the units for external verifiers and they emailed us letting us know that if not handed in won't be good and will fail. I was under the impression that we would still have to hand units in until the end of the course which is in 3 weeks but I fear not. if anybody is able elaborate on this please?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Student1893
Hi. I failed my HNC, or I believe I am. I was not able to hand in units to complete the course about 3 units and believe I am going to fail the course, I ran into difficulties personally and wasn't able to commit to the end and finish it all out. Is there a chance I can redo the course again or will I not be allowed?

I am just looking to see my options, failing has delivered a mighty blow to my confidence as most of my family believed I would be graduating this year but I have been unable to break it to them. 2 years of studying..

In your experience is a student allowed to re do the course at the same school and carry my passed from the previous try to the next especially the core units or are they now useless and I'll have to redo them?
The part about believing to fail is because they requested the units for external verifiers and they emailed us letting us know that if not handed in won't be good and will fail. I was under the impression that we would still have to hand units in until the end of the course which is in 3 weeks but I fear not. if anybody is able elaborate on this please?

This sort of thing really varies by college/uni- you need to consult your course handbook and/or your advisor.
Hi,

What was your outcome in the end? Interested as I’m in your position right now x any response would be greatly appreciated x
Original post by Student1893

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending