The Student Room Group

Failed A levels - Should I do HNC

Before I start I know its completely my fault, I got UEE in my A levels in Maths, computer science and Physics. It is what it is, crying about it wont make my grades any higher.

Anyway I want to do Engineering but I can't get into any uni so I was wondering if I complete a HNC in Engineering would I be able to get into UNI first year for mechanical engineering or is there another route I should take

PS . I can study a HNC in engineering it will only take one year
Reply 1
Depends on the career path that you want to take. If it is more technologically based then I would redo A - Levels. Lots of people decide to redo A levels so you won't be alone. Plus you'll do much better next time. But that's if the career path you want to take recommends a degree
An HNC will use up 1 year of eligibility for student finance for a degree as its equivalent to year 1 of a degree.

If your level 3 qualifications aren’t at the level to start a degree then you would be better resitting or taking alternative level 3 qualifications instead of trying to jump ahead to a level 4 HND.

What you’re proposing is like saying “I got 1s and 2s in my GCSEs - should I take A levels?”

Quick Reply

Latest