The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iAmanze
Foreword to those this is not intended towards: Not Investment Banking related. You do not need to open this.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Is the HSBC demystified event open for sixth form students?
Original post by adorablegirl1202
Is the HSBC demystified event open for sixth form students?

Nope. That's a university one.

Original post by Princepieman

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hey guys, do you think an 1 month internship at baker tilly in audit will be looked upon favourably by banks for sw applications ?
Original post by kalambay
Hey guys, do you think an 1 month internship at baker tilly in audit will be looked upon favourably by banks for sw applications ?

Yes. Compared to a lot only working in retail, your experience is much more related to the industry. Plus you have a good story for "why IB" by focusing on what you liked at the firm that is similar to banking and talk about the bits you feel banking has that makes it a better fit for you.

You have a better story than those just speculating that they will enjoy it / fit in.
Anyone else applied to PwC's Talent Academy for 2016?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure if i'm doing a 3 or a 4 year course yet so how should I base my applications?
I'm not sure if i'm doing a 3 or a 4 year course yet so how should I base my applications?

apply to SW in your first year, regardless
Original post by gr8wizard10
apply to SW in your first year, regardless

And then if I decide to do a four year programme shall I just apply again in second year also? So apply both years?
Even if I'm starting a Meng this year, should i still apply?
Original post by Joseph.S
Even if I'm starting a Meng this year, should i still apply?

Yeah, apply to the ones you don't want to go on as much and then leverage those plus any other experience you get for proper second year apps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it a strict no-no to repeat what you have on your CV against the questions where they ask what's your biggest achievements etc
Yeah, apply to the ones you don't want to go on as much and then leverage those plus any other experience you get for proper second year apps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So from what you're saying is don't apply to all but apply to the ones you don't want to go on first year to help with applications for the ones you do want to go on second year?
So from what you're saying is don't apply to all but apply to the ones you don't want to go on first year to help with applications for the ones you do want to go on second year?

Indeed. It also gives you practice for the important applications the following year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Indeed. It also gives you practice for the important applications the following year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But won't the ones you do want to go on wonder how you managed to do a SW when technically you should apply for SWs on a 4 year programme in second year? And is this the same rule for any first year internships, can I apply to them both first year and second year?
But won't the ones you do want to go on wonder how you managed to do a SW when technically you should apply for SWs on a 4 year programme in second year? And is this the same rule for any first year internships, can I apply to them both first year and second year?

Nope. Because, you can say you decided to move onto the four year masters programme after your first year. That's the beauty of being able to do one - it's 'technically' optional.

The number of first year internships available is very minimal, but I imagine the same applies. The only ones that truly count are the penultimate year internships where you convert for a full time offer the following year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope. Because, you can say you decided to move onto the four year masters programme after your first year. That's the beauty of being able to do one - it's 'technically' optional.

The number of first year internships available is very minimal, but I imagine the same applies. The only ones that truly count are the penultimate year internships where you convert for a full time offer the following year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So it is not advisable to apply to banks such as Morgan Stanley due to the following year having to be the penultimate year internship and you can't ask them to wait an extra year?
So it is not advisable to apply to banks such as Morgan Stanley due to the following year having to be the penultimate year internship and you can't ask them to wait an extra year?

Yeah, generally, asking them to wait would be tough but doable.

So, you could potentially do: (a) spring week(s) in first year, another (or others) in second year, the converted summer internship after second and then the internship you want to do in your penultimate year.

Either that or not do the first internship altogether but still do the spring weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
One of my friends became the junior ambassador for credit suisse, how do you do that?
One of my friends became the junior ambassador for credit suisse, how do you do that?

You apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending