The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anybody got hsbc's grad recruitment email? All i got is [email protected] and that doesn't work on my email account apparently.
Original post by tazza ma razza
Anybody got hsbc's grad recruitment email? All i got is [email protected] and that doesn't work on my email account apparently.

[email protected]
Anyone done a blackrock spring week video interview? Any idea of questions they asked
Original post by thehotstepper
Anyone done a blackrock spring week video interview? Any idea of questions they asked

yeah it's a calm interview nothing difficult, just the typical questions you have nothing to worry about
Original post by Breakingbank
yeah it's a calm interview nothing difficult, just the typical questions you have nothing to worry about

Do you know what the next stage of the application is after the interview?
Original post by tone1234
Do you know what the next stage of the application is after the interview?

No idea mate
(edited 8 years ago)
Didn't receive an interview from BlackRock... guess I'm out from that too :\
Reply 5987
They do reimburse travel
Does someone know when and how long BlackRock's spring week is?
If one does get Blackrock SW, would you chose it over GS? Forget IBD, securities/markets etc. Just a front office role in GS with that of Blackrock.
(edited 8 years ago)
Investment Banking seems like a good job with a great pay.
However it doesn't seem to include much Mathematics which is my undergraduate degree in and which I would like to use at my job.

Are there any roles in IB banks that do include lots of Maths? I've heard about Quant but I'm not sure what they do exactly and whether it is
front or back office?

Also are jobs in a hedge fund considered better than in IB (both in terms of pay and prestige)?
Original post by NeoXx
Investment Banking seems like a good job with a great pay.
However it doesn't seem to include much Mathematics which is my undergraduate degree in and which I would like to use at my job.

Are there any roles in IB banks that do include lots of Maths? I've heard about Quant but I'm not sure what they do exactly and whether it is
front or back office?

Also are jobs in a hedge fund considered better than in IB (both in terms of pay and prestige)?

Quants are usually there to build the pricing models and instrument analysis tools for traders; more so traders on exotic derivative desks than anything really - so not quite 'front office'. I imagine the exotic deriv guys (traders and structurers) will have a more intimate relationship with maths.

Really, if you want to make use of your Maths degree, you're better applying for proprietary trading shops (i.e. Jane Street, SIG, DRW) and quant hedge funds (i.e. DE Shaw, Citadel etc). The interviews are hands down 100x more difficult than anything you'll face from a bank and the work itself revolves around using maths/programming to implement trading ideas.

Larger HFs pay more than banks, and there isn't really any limit on the upside. The same can be said for prop houses, you're usually paid a bonus based on a fixed % of the PnL you generate.

All this said and done, you won't be proving any wild theorems in the City; if that's what interests you go do a PhD and go into research.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone did Blackrock's Analytics and Risk- Aladdin video interview? Is it competency or technical based?? Thanks
Original post by saycheese:)
Anyone did Blackrock's Analytics and Risk- Aladdin video interview? Is it competency or technical based?? Thanks

I don't get it they offered me a second interview in this division?
still nothing from blackrock alternative investment
Just got invited to do a video interview for Analytics & Risk - Aladdin Client Services for BlackRock? Anyone else in the same boat/had one? How are people preparing/what were people asked... PM me... all advice welcome!
Incoming goldman spring interns, join this facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/828308610630335/
I've got an interview for Blackrock fixed Income, has anybody else done it yet? If so, what did they ask?
Reply 5998
Has anyone got an interview for Deutsche Banks SW?
Still nothing from BoE...💔

Latest

Trending

Trending