The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marco14196
Thats two rare examples. How many people try to get into IB and fail. I guarantee they had a hellish time trying to get in vs someone who was already connected. the world is run off of connections and its a fact of life

right, ty, are you upset that some people posting on this thread will earn 70k in 3 years time? and wiping cum from students eyes? are you feeling ok?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Breakingbank
Has anyone heard from HSBC?

according to some on here scheduling ints already.
Original post by welcometoib
according to some on here scheduling ints already.

Yeah; I heard they were interviewing as well, but I have heard nothing from them since passing the tests
Which banks screen your application before sending off the link to the test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
right, ty, are you upset that some people posting on this thread will earn 70k in 3 years time? and wiping cum from students eyes? are you feeling ok?

No it doesnt upset at all, good on them if they make it there. If thats the career they want and they only care about the money, then its a match made in heaven. No, its not jealousy because I have a nice setup for myself in the navy which will be quite lucrative in its own right. I was merely trying to say that getting into IB is a real hard thing to do. You need to have gone to a target uni of the IB firms, have the best grades to compete and have some connections to really stand a chance otherwise it will be much harder getting in(not impossible but again, IB places are hyper competitive from the numbers I've seen). Its a good career if thats your thing. Only catch is the high attrition rate because they make IB analysts really work for that money. I've read that its not uncommon for them to work north of 80 hours a week. I suppose if somebody wants to make short term sacrifices for long term gains it isnt a bad idea but I dunno. Good luck anyway. And the cum bit was a bit weird I must admit, could have thought of a more elegant saying but oh well
Original post by egdargi
Which banks screen your application before sending off the link to the test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe just Citi
I believe just Citi

HSBC as well
Reply 1387
Original post by KingSweden
HSBC as well

I don't think HSBC does it. Submitted yesterday and received the test invitation today.
Video interview tomorrow with Barclays but this is for treasury, any tips? Like is it competency or ?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mcdermott
Video interview tomorrow with Barclays but this is for treasury, any tips? Like is it competency or ?

When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FiiL
I don't think HSBC does it. Submitted yesterday and received the test invitation today.

I am almost certain that I read it somewhere but I can´t seem to find it now...

In my email history I can see that it took them over two days to invite me to their tests. The email also phrases "you have successfully met our initial screening criteria.". But I believe that almost everyone meets their initial screening criteria, and then, after you have submitted the tests, they will pay closer attention to your application and perform a "real screening" before inviting people to the last stage.
(edited 8 years ago)
When do RBC send you the tests after applying?
Original post by KingSweden
HSBC as well

I am pretty sure HSBC is an automatic invite to tests? As I completed them straight after submitting my application
I am pretty sure HSBC is an automatic invite to tests? As I completed them straight after submitting my application

nope, didnt get anything
How do you know for ms if you passed the test? and for db do they screen then give a test? for corp fin.
nope, didnt get anything

I just checked my emails - "We are pleased to confirm that you have successfully met our initial screening criteria. We would now like to invite you to the next stage of the assessment process."

But that's just the initial screening which is making sure you meet the requirements e.g. a level results, if you meet this requirement you get invited to the tests and then if you pass the tests its then fully screened. This is the email I received after I received the email saying I passed the tests
Your application will now be reviewed in more detail and we will advise you as soon as possible if you are invited to the next stage of the application process, which is the motivational and competency based telephone interview.
(edited 8 years ago)
" Dear Jack

Thank you for participating in your recent telephone interview for the London Industry Insight Programme 2016 programme. We are currently reviewing all candidates that we have met against our programme requirements and will be able to provide you with feedback within the next couple of weeks.If you have any questions, or would like to withdraw your application, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the recruitment team by email at [email protected] (London vacancies).
Kind RegardsICAP Campus Recruitment Team "

Anyone else had this email ? Looks like a prolonged rejection to me .
For ib which firms have or are currently giving out interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the ICAP application is the supporting document a cover letter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
"Describe a recent global event. Whatimplications might this development have for the Banking Industry? (300 words maximum)"

Please, can someone just help me with this. I don't know how to relate anything to banking without it sounding like i'm waffling on

Latest

Trending

Trending