The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE/Level 2 qualification in Further Maths UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bobby21231
For question 16 how many marks do u think I will get for factorising just the denominator as I couldn't do anymore and I think it was out of 5

Can anyone help me with this thanks
Reply 41
Original post by Bobby21231
Can anyone help me with this thanks

For just factorising the denominator i think you would get 1 mark because you have only done one thing. If you then cancelled or simplified or took another step, then you'd get more marks
Reply 42
I only answered 6/16 questions on that paper... what grade would i roughly get?..
Could someone send me the paper?? I'm freaking out after seeing the mark scheme. PM me
Original post by chymosin
I only answered 6/16 questions on that paper... what grade would i roughly get?..

I would suspect a C assuming you got them right (or at least most of them). 15 out of 70 is a C usually btw.
Original post by Logger
For just factorising the denominator i think you would get 1 mark because you have only done one thing. If you then cancelled or simplified or took another step, then you'd get more marks

Please PM me the paper
Original post by Logger

For the very first question, I think I found the mid point rather than finding H :frown:

Could I possibly get a mark for that?
Reply 47
Original post by littleheron
For the very first question, I think I found the mid point rather than finding H :frown:

Could I possibly get a mark for that?

probably not as the question didn't ask for the midpoint so they wouldn't give marks for putting it
Original post by Logger
probably not as the question didn't ask for the midpoint so they wouldn't give marks for putting it

Ok. Well there goes two easy marks. Will make sure not to do that for the calculator.
Reply 49
Original post by EagleOlly
I would suspect a C assuming you got them right (or at least most of them). 15 out of 70 is a C usually btw.

Really? Is there any way I could get a B/A overall through the next paper? If yes, how many marks would I need in the next paper?
Original post by Logger

Ok thanks at least I got something as I had no clue what I was doing
Original post by chymosin
Really? Is there any way I could get a B/A overall through the next paper? If yes, how many marks would I need in the next paper?

15 at worst was what I meant to say, probs higher than that in reality! A B grade overall is about 60/175 i think, so let's say worst case you did get 15/70, you would need 45/105 in the calculator paper to get a B, and about 70/105 for an A (85/175 in total). I'm not an expert but that's my guess.
Reply 52
What grade would 50/70 be in this paper do you guys reckon. I believe that i got 50 marks at minimum. :frown:
Original post by Mastermind1000000
How did you remember EVERY SINGLE QUESTION :redface:

Your either a genius or you have the copy of the paper. or both.

So, if you`ve got a copy of the paper, mind posting it on here if your allowed? :wink:

I don't have a copy of the paper- my school are really strict on this. The coefficient is basically the number in front of the letter e.g.
3 is the coefficient of 3x
9 is the coefficient of 9x^4
Original post by arjro
What grade would 50/70 be in this paper do you guys reckon. I believe that i got 50 marks at minimum. :frown:

A* usually 65% for A* and 49/70 is 70% so A*
Original post by ReeJess99
I don't have a copy of the paper- my school are really strict on this. The coefficient is basically the number in front of the letter e.g.
3 is the coefficient of 3x
9 is the coefficient of 9x^4

ok thanks :smile:
Original post by Mastermind1000000
ok thanks :smile:

No worries :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by LordDizzy
A* usually 65% for A* and 49/70 is 70% so A*

What would A^* (A* Distinction) be?
Yh please can someone pm me the paper? Badly need to see the questions and how many marks they were worth. Unless someone can make an official markscheme with the question, answer and marks.
Reply 59
Does anyone remember what question 14 went like

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending