The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE/Level 2 qualification in Further Maths UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arjro
What would A^* (A* Distinction) be?

I think last year was 149/175
Reply 61
Does anyone remember what exactly question 16 was? And possibly question 12?
Reply 62
Original post by ericacookies
I think last year was 149/175

Was 144/175 for A^
A^ in the Non-Calculator was 55 and in the Calculator was 89
I imagine this year's A^ boundary will be 53-55/70 for A^ in this paper
Reply 63
Someone please pm me the paper i will not post it on here i promise i just need to know how I've done before i can even concentrate on triple chemistry and graphics exams i have on wednesday :frown: :frown: would givee you rep if you did

THANKS
Thanks a million for the unofficial mark scheme to everyone who contributed!
I think I got an average of 35-43.. how much would I need to get in the calculator exam on Friday to get an A or A* overall?

For the matrices question, I converted 3/5 and 2/5 to 0.4 and 0.6 - would that get any marks? And also HOW ON EARTH do you do the red and blue balls question?! I was overthinking the entire question and I just sat there, frustrated as hell trying to get my brain to work on that question!

How do you do question 7 and 14? Question 14 was the surds one and I didn't get it in the required form - I got 6 root 5 + 5 root something, something...?! *pulls hair out*

Could someone also explain how the last question worked? Sorry for the looooong post... any help appreciated!!
Attachment not found
Original post by latenightmadness
Thanks a million for the unofficial mark scheme to everyone who contributed!
I think I got an average of 35-43.. how much would I need to get in the calculator exam on Friday to get an A or A* overall?

For the matrices question, I converted 3/5 and 2/5 to 0.4 and 0.6 - would that get any marks? And also HOW ON EARTH do you do the red and blue balls question?! I was overthinking the entire question and I just sat there, frustrated as hell trying to get my brain to work on that question!

How do you do question 7 and 14? Question 14 was the surds one and I didn't get it in the required form - I got 6 root 5 + 5 root something, something...?! *pulls hair out*

Could someone also explain how the last question worked? Sorry for the looooong post... any help appreciated!!

Hey, hope this helps:

I couldn't remember the original questions for the surds unfortunately. You should get the marks for the matrices, because it didn't specify the form it should be given in.

20150615_212209.jpg

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ReeJess99
Attachment not found

Hey, hope this helps:

I couldn't remember the original questions for the surds unfortunately. You should get the marks for the matrices, because it didn't specify the form it should be given in.

20150615_212209.jpg

Thank you SO much:h::happy2:
Can't believe I didn't get that.:frown:
Original post by latenightmadness
Thank you SO much:h::happy2:
Can't believe I didn't get that.:frown:

Don't mention it. I think it's just the stress of the situation that causes you to overlook the questions, and actually tackle it properly- when it gives you so much info, it's hard to piece it together, and actually work out what they're asking for. In fact, I think it's more difficult working out what you have to do than doing it! Ree :smile:
Do u think 42 will be enough for an a star
What was question 13?
Reply 70
Original post by Logger
Partial mark scheme
1)) 12,-14 (2 marks)
2)) Q, R, P, S. The pair was P and S. (5 marks)
3)) X>or equal to 1/10 (2 marks)
4a)) Dy/dx= 2x-5
4b)) P= (3,-6)
5a)) K=-2 (1 mark)
5b)) The coefficient of x= -7 (2 marks)
6)) Balls question: x=25
7)) A=3, b=1, c=2, d=7 (3 marks)
8)) 2/ (x+4)
9)) Matrices question: a=2/5 b=3/5 (5 marks)
10a)) -2/3 <x<2
10b)) y=1/5x -11/5
11)) –x^2 for -1<x<2 ; -4 for 2<x<3 ; 4x-16 for 3<x<4 (where I’ve put <, it should be an < or equal to)
12)) 16x/ (3x-16)
13)) a=-5, b=30
14)
15 a)two tangents = isosceles triangle (2 marks)
b) prove it (3 marks)
16)) x^2 / (x+2) (x-1)
17))

Tell me what to add as it isn't complete (Thanks to ReeJess99) - give a rep to them

Big man ReeJess99
Reply 71
oh yeah my marking out was sketchy N i told my teacher she said the examiner should be able to elaborate and notice how you worked it out cuz i had arrows and ****
Reply 72
55 i except 55ish could i get it if i get like full marks in the other one
Reply 73
plz get an A*^ need it for the confidence and to bully people who are lazy
Reply 74
i got matrices question 14 and 4b defo wrong
Reply 75
Btw been awake since 9 am on sunday
For 10a) I multiplied by three, so instead of -2/3<x<2, I wrote -2<3x<6. Would I still get full marks?
Original post by bleeploop
For 10a) I multiplied by three, so instead of -2/3<x<2, I wrote -2<3x<6. Would I still get full marks?

You probably will as its equivalent as long as it didn't specify the form it needed to be written in as I can't remember
Original post by Bobby21231
You probably will as its equivalent as long as it didn't specify the form it needed to be written in as I can't remember

Thanks, put me at ease a bit :smile:
Reply 79
The exam was pretty bad it was boring #bored

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending