The Student Room Group

Is it too late to apply for more Student Finance?!?

Just wondered if anyone is faced with the same question - can I apply for more student loan than I previously asked for when I originally applied?

When applying for my student loan I only applied for a tuition fee loan to cover the cost of my course, and no maintenance loan.

At the time I was looking to live at home while studying. But, if I decide not to go to the university close to me, and choose another university, I would have to live away from home - therefore needing a maintenance loan to cover the costs of me staying in accommodation and a place in student halls. :redface:

Is it possible to apply for a maintenance loan now and still receive it in time for when term starts? Would I still be able to find student accommodation at this stage - or will it most likely be full? (taking into consideration that most people particularly who go through to clearing would have to find accommodation later than me)
Original post by thetruekimbo
Just wondered if anyone is faced with the same question - can I apply for more student loan than I previously asked for when I originally applied?

When applying for my student loan I only applied for a tuition fee loan to cover the cost of my course, and no maintenance loan.

At the time I was looking to live at home while studying. But, if I decide not to go to the university close to me, and choose another university, I would have to live away from home - therefore needing a maintenance loan to cover the costs of me staying in accommodation and a place in student halls. :redface:

Is it possible to apply for a maintenance loan now and still receive it in time for when term starts? Would I still be able to find student accommodation at this stage - or will it most likely be full? (taking into consideration that most people particularly who go through to clearing would have to find accommodation later than me)

Yes you can but not absolute guarantee it will be on time especially if it's sfe.
There should be accomodation available at least privately if not uni accommodation left

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending