The Student Room Group
University of York
York

getting into York after completing foundation degree elsewhere

Hi,
I want to study at York University and have finished a foundation degree at Plymouth Uni, I was just wondering is it hard to get into regarding maths, Ive heard that York is pretty hard to get into. I emailed the uni maths undergraduate admissions and told them all my grades and sent a copy of my transcript from this year and someone who replied to me said that the work i did this year was excellent and that they would give my application serious consideration. I dont know whether I should apply or even if i will get in. can someone please let me know what this is like
Original post by skiran1993
Hi,
I want to study at York University and have finished a foundation degree at Plymouth Uni, I was just wondering is it hard to get into regarding maths, Ive heard that York is pretty hard to get into. I emailed the uni maths undergraduate admissions and told them all my grades and sent a copy of my transcript from this year and someone who replied to me said that the work i did this year was excellent and that they would give my application serious consideration. I dont know whether I should apply or even if i will get in. can someone please let me know what this is like

Yeah its pretty hard and your scores need to be really high,they asked me for 80-85 which is an A as the minimum for a bsc computer science programme.How much did you score in the foundation year 60-65 % will increase your chances to get into york
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by jontyfernz
Yeah its pretty hard and your scores need to be really high,they asked me for 80-85 which is an A as the minimum for a bsc computer science programme.How much did you score in the foundation year 60-65 % will increase your chances to get into york

I got an average of 69% this whole year so i dont know how this will play out
Original post by skiran1993
I got an average of 69% this whole year so i dont know how this will play out

You could probably get in,but what are your other choices
I just did this haha. I got an offer of 70% overall with 70% in all math modules. Just email them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending