The Student Room Group

Primary Education (BA) with QTS 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ailish McNeill
I've got my interview for York next week, how did you find it? Any advice?

Aw sure you'll do great wouldn't worry at all! Haven't heard from them yet so panicking abit haha, but we did a group task was quite informal I actually enjoyed it! I'd say talk about one specific thing about your book or object like literacy for example but then say how it could be used in every other area of learning too so that you show you have a wide understanding 🙈 just saying that as I found the presentations that did that were loads better! I did a bubble map with how my book could be used in every single aspect of curriculum (lessons plans are great for this on TES) the individual interview lasted for 30 mins, was informal too and made you feel really comfortable so sure you won't be too nervous! Got questions like how do you handle your own stress, what's the most stressful thing about teaching, sum up what you have learnt from your work experience in one sentence and why do you want to be a primary school teacher! Nothing you can't prepare for really! Good luck ☺️☺️ And if you have any more questions feel free to ask haha (sorry for such a long reply) Xxx
Got interview for northumbria next month!
Reply 22
Me too! Good luck ☺️
Original post by 09053C
Aw sure you'll do great wouldn't worry at all! Haven't heard from them yet so panicking abit haha, but we did a group task was quite informal I actually enjoyed it! I'd say talk about one specific thing about your book or object like literacy for example but then say how it could be used in every other area of learning too so that you show you have a wide understanding 🙈 just saying that as I found the presentations that did that were loads better! I did a bubble map with how my book could be used in every single aspect of curriculum (lessons plans are great for this on TES) the individual interview lasted for 30 mins, was informal too and made you feel really comfortable so sure you won't be too nervous! Got questions like how do you handle your own stress, what's the most stressful thing about teaching, sum up what you have learnt from your work experience in one sentence and why do you want to be a primary school teacher! Nothing you can't prepare for really! Good luck ☺️☺️ And if you have any more questions feel free to ask haha (sorry for such a long reply) Xxx

I'm sure you will have done fine, I'm feeling fairly organised and prepared for it but there are still little things I need to sort out. How did you find the written task? My spelling is not the best, so I am little worried about that. I'm glad its quite informal I feel more comfortable in those situations and feel like I can talk more about myself so that's good. Thankyou for your reply.
Reply 24
Original post by 09053C
I've had interviews for Leeds Beckett and York St John so far! Got Northumbria soon too. I have had an offer from Leeds but still waiting to hear from York! Has anyone else had an interview and is waiting on a reply?

With Leeds when did you have your interview and how long did it take to offer?
Reply 25
Original post by chloea09
I've applied to Sheffield Hallam, Nottingham Trent and Bishop Grosseteste :-)

Oh wow! Wouldn't that be weird if we ended up at the same Uni! Which do you like the best out of the 3? :biggrin:
Reply 26
Original post by conestadragon
Sheffiled Hallam and Derby University...

Was looking at Nottingham Trent but didn't like the 'feel' if you get me! :K:

Might be seeing you in the near future then :h:

No I get you. I have also applied to Derby but that was a last min decision :biggrin:
Hm, I quite like Nottingham Trent, brilliant facilities. It looks very glam ha ha.
It would be weird seeing you at a later date ha ha :smile:
Reply 27
I've had my interviews for Chester and Brighton and got offers from both:smile: Got Sheffield Hallam and Nottingham Trent interviews next week, has anyone had interviews there and can give me any advice? Was quite concerned as i've seen some people talk about an artefact task for NTU and i've look through my invitation letters several times now and can't see anything about that? also have an interview for Leeds Beckett in Jan
Original post by rfardy
I've had my interviews for Chester and Brighton and got offers from both:smile: Got Sheffield Hallam and Nottingham Trent interviews next week, has anyone had interviews there and can give me any advice? Was quite concerned as i've seen some people talk about an artefact task for NTU and i've look through my invitation letters several times now and can't see anything about that? also have an interview for Leeds Beckett in Jan

Hey I got into Brighton too! I remember your name from the interview day there. Is it your first choice?
Reply 29
Original post by emiliadsc
Hey I got into Brighton too! I remember your name from the interview day there. Is it your first choice?

I'm really unsure! I loved the course I'm just not sure about the campus/accommodation side of things. I've still got interviews so I might prefer another place but Brightons definitely up there. How about you?
Original post by rfardy
I'm really unsure! I loved the course I'm just not sure about the campus/accommodation side of things. I've still got interviews so I might prefer another place but Brightons definitely up there. How about you?

Brighton's my only choice so far. I'm thinking about applying to other universities but I don't feel like I need to.
I thought the course was great too. The campus isn't amazing but it's pretty near the centre of Brighton which is good as there's loads to do in the city.
Anyone done the QTS skills test?
Reply 32
Brighton's my only choice so far. I'm thinking about applying to other universities but I don't feel like I need to.
I thought the course was great too. The campus isn't amazing but it's pretty near the centre of Brighton which is good as there's loads to do in the city.

Yea the transport links were really good, it's definitely the best course i've seen so far. Also spent a lot of time in central and i loved it so i think the pros do outweigh the cons. Pretty sure it will end up being either my firm or insurance choice
Original post by rfardy
Yea the transport links were really good, it's definitely the best course i've seen so far. Also spent a lot of time in central and i loved it so i think the pros do outweigh the cons. Pretty sure it will end up being either my firm or insurance choice

Yeah, and I thought the staff were really nice as well. They were so friendly and encouraging :smile: Are you in the primary ed Facebook group? I expected loads of people to join it but there are just over 30 :/
Reply 34
Yeah, and I thought the staff were really nice as well. They were so friendly and encouraging :smile: Are you in the primary ed Facebook group? I expected loads of people to join it but there are just over 30 :/

I know the staff were so enthusiastic I really liked that.
Yea I joined it as soon as I was invited and thought everyone would have! I don't see why people wouldn't, there must be more than 30 that got offers, hopefully more will join from interviews after christmas so there can be some discussion
Original post by rfardy
I know the staff were so enthusiastic I really liked that.
Yea I joined it as soon as I was invited and thought everyone would have! I don't see why people wouldn't, there must be more than 30 that got offers, hopefully more will join from interviews after christmas so there can be some discussion

Yes I really want to talk to people on there but it's hard to initiate conversation :/ But maybe we could all meet on the applicant day :smile:
Reply 36
Yes I really want to talk to people on there but it's hard to initiate conversation :/ But maybe we could all meet on the applicant day :smile:

Yea that would be good! I don't actually know much about the applicant day, do you know where I can see stuff about it?
Original post by rfardy
Yea that would be good! I don't actually know much about the applicant day, do you know where I can see stuff about it?

Well I had an email about it today saying there was more information on studentcentral, but when I logged in I couldn't find anything about the applicant day :/
Original post by 09053C
I've had interviews for Leeds Beckett and York St John so far! Got Northumbria soon too. I have had an offer from Leeds but still waiting to hear from York! Has anyone else had an interview and is waiting on a reply?

How was the Leeds Beckett interview? Just had it come through on my UCAS!
I am on the primary education course at MMU in my final year - if anyone has any questions feel free to ask :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending