The Student Room Group

Primary Education (BA) with QTS 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AriesGirl
I am on the primary education course at MMU in my final year - if anyone has any questions feel free to ask :smile:

Hey I've got an offer from MMU I was just wondering if you could tell me what the course is like there, are the tutors good and how is it structured, like what would a typical week look like in your 1st year. Thankyou
Original post by Cassiestar
Hey I've got an offer from MMU I was just wondering if you could tell me what the course is like there, are the tutors good and how is it structured, like what would a typical week look like in your 1st year. Thankyou

Hey, the course is pretty intense throughout the three years which is to be expected. There is no structured timetable as it changes every week. You will be lucky to get 1 day off a week tbh, but when you go in during the week they probably wont all be full days. In my first year we went on placement every Friday for the whole year and had 3 3week block placements.
Reply 42
Original post by conestadragon
Anyone done the QTS skills test?

Hiya! Im glad someone has the same worry as me, that test! I haven't done it yet. I got told at an open day you can only apply to do it once you have got an offer through. I need to order a QTS guide offline because they r apparently really helpful!
Reply 43
Original post by ellilou13
Northumbria - Interview
York St John - Interview
Hull - Interview
Sunderland - Waiting to hear
Anyone else ? :smile:

Hey I have a interview at Northumbria next week and I'm so so nervous! If you have had yours, what did you think of it? :smile:
Original post by ellilou13
Northumbria - Interview
York St John - Interview
Hull - Interview
Sunderland - Waiting to hear
Anyone else ? :smile:

Hello,

Why don't you give our Admissions team a ring on 0191 515 3154 or email [email protected] and they would be able to give you more information on what is the stage of your application. If you have any other questions about the life at Sunderland, please don't hesitate to contact us here or on any other social media channels.

Regards, Tanita
Original post by LoobyLou12
Hiya! Im glad someone has the same worry as me, that test! I haven't done it yet. I got told at an open day you can only apply to do it once you have got an offer through. I need to order a QTS guide offline because they r apparently really helpful!

I have ordered a guide and received it and it really useful, I have got both tests on 19th January, really feel like I cannot pass them though and struggling to find online practice tests.
http://sta.education.gov.uk/professional-skills-tests/literacy-skills-tests go down to the hyperlink with online tests really useful for QTS, then there is the same for the numeracy skills test to. I'm stressing over the QTS so difficult!!

I have applied to Oxford Brookes, Reading and a few others but they are my favourite.
Original post by FarmGirl_6930
http://sta.education.gov.uk/professional-skills-tests/literacy-skills-tests go down to the hyperlink with online tests really useful for QTS, then there is the same for the numeracy skills test to. I'm stressing over the QTS so difficult!!

I have applied to Oxford Brookes, Reading and a few others but they are my favourite.

your not the only one the time is the thing that gets me!

Have you booked the test yet?
Original post by rfardy
I've had my interviews for Chester and Brighton and got offers from both:smile: Got Sheffield Hallam and Nottingham Trent interviews next week, has anyone had interviews there and can give me any advice? Was quite concerned as i've seen some people talk about an artefact task for NTU and i've look through my invitation letters several times now and can't see anything about that? also have an interview for Leeds Beckett in Jan

Could you maybe help me by telling me about how the interview at Brighton went?? I have mine soon and I'm super nervous:frown: I also have no clue what the written part entails or where to find information on that!
Reply 49
Original post by ellenmayyyy
Could you maybe help me by telling me about how the interview at Brighton went?? I have mine soon and I'm super nervous:frown: I also have no clue what the written part entails or where to find information on that!

The Brighton interview was one of the nicest i've had! The interviewer was so lovely and all of the staff were really enthusiastic and friendly. It almost felt like a conversation rather than an interview. The written task was fine, it was a sheet with 2 reports on it (both showing different points of view on a topic in school) and then you would read it and write a response with your point of view (try to link in experience). The group task was pretty basic as well, you just have to order statements in order of most important to least, and try and discuss the reasoning behind your positioning. But honestly i felt so at ease once i got there after the talk and remember that they want you to go there so they aren't trying to catch you out at all. If you have any more questions feel free to ask but good luck, i'm sure it will go fine! :smile:
Is your interview tomorrow (18th Jan) I have mine tomorrow and im so nervous!

Original post by Jessrjh
Hey I have a interview at Northumbria next week and I'm so so nervous! If you have had yours, what did you think of it? :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by afrinabegumxo
Is your interview tomorrow (18th Jan) I have mine tomorrow and im so nervous!

No I've already had mine it was the 13th Jan, but it was really relaxed they make you feel really comfortable so don't worry about it!☺️
[QUOTE=Jessrjh;62084379]No I've already had mine it was the 13th Jan, but it was really relaxed they make you feel really comfortable so don't worry about it!☺️

If you don't mind me asking but what was the group interview like? Like what do they ask you?
Reply 53
Original post by afrinabegumxo
If you don't mind me asking but what was the group interview like? Like what do they ask you?

It's more like a flowing conversation and I can't really remember I remember talking about our experiences in schools☺️
Reply 54
Anyone applied/has an offer from Leeds Beckett?
Reply 55
You might find my blog helpful for knowing what to expect! I'm a BCU student https://myteachingjourneyweb.wordpress.com/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending