The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
I don't think it's directly equivalent, however I was told by more than one admissions officer that a 60 points at level 1 would get me a place at brick uni (mind you I am a mature student). There is a SCQF rating against OU courses which corresponds to Scottish qualifications, if that's any help? Level 1 courses have a level 7 SCQF rating.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
So does that suggest that 20 points would be the equivalent of taking one A' Level?

:smile:
I don't think it would be tbh - sorry! Would you be doing it to gain entry to brick uni? If so ring the admissions office and ask them :smile:
Reply 4
booraad
So does that suggest that 20 points would be the equivalent of taking one A' Level?

:smile:

I don't think so. That would make a 360 OU degree worth 18 A levels.
Reply 5
on the ucas app form, the points are the same, as in 120 ou credits is equivalent to an A at A2, from what i can remember anyway.
Surely it must depend on the level and grade achieved though! 120 points at pass 1 or 2 at level 3 is going to be worth more than one A grade A2
Reply 7
when i did mine it was pass or fail, no 1st's etc. even though i got 90%
Ah, your last post didn't specify the level hence my point :wink:
I've seen some universities (I found it on the Sussex website) that if you have 120 credits from the OU there's a chance of going straight to the 2nd year of university. So it's worth a lot more than A-Levels, and I've managed to get two unconditional offers with A103, but I do have the odd A/AS-Level aswell.
Reply 10
thats becauseat every single full time university course you do 120 points a year, but from what i know in certain courses if you havent done an a2 in a certain subject you have to do an introductory year in it so they shuld be roughly equivalent if universities swap them around like that.
Reply 11
All I know is that if you what to study with Edinburgh uni you have to have Open University Credits of at least 120 credits with 60 at level 2 or higher. Hope this helps in some way:smile:

Latest