The Student Room Group

Could you survive without a car?

I'm sick of life without a car now. It's so annoying since moving back to where i'm originally from which is poor, crap and far away from anywhere. I dream of living in a big city or near one. Its a massive dream. Sometimes i get frustrated as hell and blame my parents for being carless all their lives and choosing to live in this dump (why didn't they drive?!). I'm from a poor background too so until time passes and my career gets back on track i can't even live a decent life!

It takes me forever to get to the gym and makes working out a totally long session and living a healthy life is way harder.
It takes me forever to go and shop because all the shops near me sell is unhealthy food and alcohol and the place is full of bookmakers.
I have to walk everywhere (which is a workout but when you're walking 45 mins there and 45 mins back its a total chore which feels unnecessary).
There's no jobs locally so you have to travel for ages to get to work.

Sorry i'm just ranting.
How much did you spend learning how to drive and how long does it take? Take into account none of my family own a car so i'll be lacking the tips and practice parents can offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
I live in the city so don't need a car. It's 25 mins walk to my work in the morning and 25 mins back home again in the afternoon.

I used to hate walking and had a bike but then I started hating sweating so didn't fix it when it finally fell to bits.

Now I welcome a walk. Gives me time to ponder a TSR post maybe, or plan the next chapter of my novel, or wind down from something stressful, or just daydream. I find that time is usually very constructive.
Reply 2
I don't even drive and I cannot live without a car.

Quick Reply

Latest