The Student Room Group

Would you ever go to work with no sleep?

How was it for you?

And would you rather go to work with no sleep and go to work half an hour later on your first day of work or would you say no to your job on the first day without even trying?
Original post by Anony345533
How was it for you?

And would you rather go to work with no sleep and go to work half an hour later on your first day of work or would you say no to your job on the first day without even trying?

Why are "go to work with no sleep and go to work half an hour later" and "say no to your job on the first day without even trying" my only options?

Why can't I abandon whatever overnight activity will (a) leave me without any sleep and (b) make me late on my first day? I choose this option.
Original post by DataVenia
Why are "go to work with no sleep and go to work half an hour later" and "say no to your job on the first day without even trying" my only options?

Why can't I abandon whatever overnight activity will (a) leave me without any sleep and (b) make me late on my first day? I choose this option.

It's not about overnight activity. I didn't sleep the night before my first day of my apprenticeship and still would have been half an hour late if I chose to go, but I chose not to. It's like 60 or 90 minutes away from where I live and I can't even travel 15 minutes without any problems.
Original post by Anony345533
It's not about overnight activity. I didn't sleep the night before my first day of my apprenticeship and still would have been half an hour late if I chose to go, but I chose not to. It's like 60 or 90 minutes away from where I live and I can't even travel 15 minutes without any problems.

I would have not went in to work if I didn't sleep the night before I was to start it as rather phoned in to say that I wasn't feeling well and apologise for not coming in that day but you will be in the following day, also suggest that I would make up the time....
Have done plenty of times. Felt tired but I survived.
Well it depends if you care, right?
No because my current job is delivery role which requires me to be awake/alert! If I was in retail then yeah maybe I could get away with it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending